A Friend of Mine Passed While Cruising Yesterday.

Guindalf

I know it's not Celebrity related, but there was an incident in St. Kitts yesterday in relation to the Disney Magic.

A friend of mine took a diving excursion (not through the cruise line) and there was an incident and he passed. That's all the information we have at the moment. Carlos was, however, an experienced diver.

I would like to state that as far as we know, there is no blame on the dive tour operator at this time.

https://www.cruisehive.com/cruise-ship-passenger-dies-during-diving-excursion/16851

Sorry if this is the wrong place, but had to let it out.

I'm so sorry, for you, his friends and family.

The following is an article regarding the coroners report. Looks like a natural death. Diving is not unsafe, but many deaths occur with unfit and/or older divers. If you are an infrequent diver, make sure you condition yourself before diving, particularly at an older age. God rest his soul.

http://www.thestkittsnevisobserver.com/sourced-information/autopsy-performed-diver/

Thanks so much for this. I helps shed light on what actually happened and, I think, confirms what we all suspected.

It's difficult to ask the direct questions in this situation, especially when you're on the periphery of the 'friends list'. I'll make sure that those who want to know are informed.