Deluxe drink package

Why is it so hard for people to just pay for their drinks as they go if they don't want a drink package? Yes, we get the drink package - we each get one, we don't share, our friends each get one as well.

Yes they do catch people sharing, just ask the gentleman who was being spoken to by the manager at 150 on our last trip.

Why try and cheat the system? As mentioned guess what it doesn't screw Royal it ends up screwing the rest of us who play by the rules ..... and before the rules police jump on- no we don't sneak on travel steamers or other items. Yes we stick to the 2 bottle per stateroom policy instead of each taking two and just separating from each other at Check in like people mention. Yes we follow the guidelines for MDR attire. No for those that say it each time- I don't speed not just because I'm afraid I'll get caught I'm just not in that much of a hurry.

It's simple if he wants a package he buys a package, if you don't then don't get one and pay for your drinks as you go.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Why is it so hard for people to just pay for their drinks as they go if they don't want a drink package?

Because they need to feel like they stuck it to the man, got one over on the establishment, beat the system, smarter than everyone else, or whatever other reason you'd like to insert.

One reason I like the drink package is I buy before I go--so my cruise is paid for, no surprise on the last day. We enjoy a few drinks a day (we're not driving!) and the water/soda is an added benefit. We sometimes tip a buck or two while sitting at a bar--this is the only time a year we sit at a bar. I don't need to keep track of receipts and make sure I was charged correctly.

That's exactly why I do it too. Do I get my money's worth? Probably not, but I would like to think it's pretty close. I think some days we do and some days we don't.

The point I was making is you can enjoy your beverage package without constantly calculating if you hit the daily amount you paid for it.......

Well, I can't. What's the point of buying a package if you're not getting value.

For some the value comes in not thinking about it. That's not a value for me; I'd be thinking about it.

If I buy a package I'm going g to get the value out of it :)

Like many here, I prefer to do the right thing. My wife and I always get our own drink package though she probably doesn't drink as much as me and doesn't get her moneys worth.

Have you calculated what t would be if she didn't get the package and went OOP? Or if she fit the no-alcohol package if she drinks espresso etc, then pay OOP for alcohol?

Might be worth the calculations.

Dh doesn't drink and in the past got the no-alcohol package. I don't drink enough to get the alcohol package and even the no-alcohol package isn't cost-effective for me. We get a water package or two (we like Evian and I cannot stand ship water and I swell when I drink it vs when I don't), I pay for my booze, I pay for my daily lattes. The one cruise where I had the old replenish package I was drinking two lattes a day to get value and between that and the water never felt hungry for food lol.

Last cruise we tried no package but the espresso card, but the card on Adventure was not a value the way the beverage manager was doing it.

4 days into the cruise I got a drinks card and carefully calculated how to get more value than what I paid for it. Can't enjoy a package without doing so!

But even though we get different packages, or dh gets a package and I go OOP, I don't share (other than the Evian package because that's allowed).

Royal often makes you sign for every drink..

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Ayep.

That's exactly why I do it too. Do I get my money's worth? Probably not, but I would like to think it's pretty close. I think some days we do and some days we don't.

Exactly our thoughts, we pay in advance it's usually $10-14 cheaper than buying on board. Between a specialty coffee at breakfast $5, a cappuccino with dessert $4, several. Bottles of water $10 (and going low there I drink 8-10 a day), a soda at lunch $3, already at $22 without a cocktail. One drink by the pool $10, pre dinner martini $12, something at dinner or the show $10-$24. Already at $44 before sitting down to dinner and having 2 drinks at that point. $44 is what we've paid for our package in advance. Even on port days that doesn't change much. We don't drink in port, as we are usually snorkeling or something so we still grab coffee at breakfast, a water then a few waters to take with us, when we get back on the ship we usually grab another water and a frozen drink on our way to the cabin..

I get it doesn't work for every one-that's why it's optional to purchase it. If it doesn't work for you, you can pay as you go. If you have a huge bill at the end, well then there's your answer for next trip.

Exactly our thoughts, we pay in advance it's usually $10-14 cheaper than buying on board. Between a specialty coffee at breakfast $5, a cappuccino with dessert $4, several. Bottles of water $10 (and going low there I drink 8-10 a day), a soda at lunch $3, already at $22 without a cocktail. One drink by the pool $10, pre dinner martini $12, something at dinner or the show $10-$24. Already at $44 before sitting down to dinner and having 2 drinks at that point. $44 is what we've paid for our package in advance. Even on port days that doesn't change much. We don't drink in port, as we are usually snorkeling or something so we still grab coffee at breakfast, a water then a few waters to take with us, when we get back on the ship we usually grab another water and a frozen drink on our way to the cabin..

I get it doesn't work for every one-that's why it's optional to purchase it. If it doesn't work for you, you can pay as you go. If you have a huge bill at the end, well then there's your answer for next trip.

Right! And you don't have to worry about trying new things either. We got quite daring trying new drinks. Some drink with tomato and bacon in it LOL. And no, it wasn't very good. We love the specialty coffees too!

Right! And you don't have to worry about trying new things either. We got quite daring trying new drinks. Some drink with tomato and bacon in it LOL. And no, it wasn't very good. We love the specialty coffees too!

Us too, we've tried a lot of thing we normally wouldn't have, and on some days there's definitely an extra espresso drink or 2 [emoji23] on sea days there may be a mimosa (though he liked the spiked coffees at Promenade Cafe lol)

Last year on the Nav we watched as 2 couples "shared" their drink packages. What a pain in the arse! The one with the package was chronicaly in line to get a drink! Waste of vacation time, and no relaxing for the one with the package!

Loyal2Royal

MOTS 11/04, NOTS 4/18,

Allure 9/17, Anthem 4/18

My wife and I both have drink packages and I am still chronically in line to get her drinks.:evilsmile:

I got pulled to1 side and asked who I was buying drinks for as I had brought 2 drinks in quick succession.

They accused me of buying drinks for others... the drink was for me the first one knocked over. It flags up on the tills how quickly you are buying them so be prepared to be questioned.

They were quite rude and called in the supervisor as they thought they had caught me out... luckily the drink was still pouring off the table .

They then watched myself and the group I was with for quite a while

We choose to always purchase the drinks package so we don't have to worry about getting caught or huge bills at the end of our cruise. Peace of mind and freedom to choose aids your wellbeing and happiness! But we won't judge you!

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Forums mobile app