Deluxe drink package

Is truly necessary for both my husband and I to both get a drink package. I know I should ask but is there a way around this if I just want a few drinks here and there and he buys the package for him and gives me drinks. I know I know... don't judge me but surely I'm not the only one thinking about this or has done it. #dontjudgeme

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Is truly necessary for both my husband and I to both get a drink package. I know I should ask but is there a way around this if I just want a few drinks here and there and he buys the package for him and gives me drinks. I know I know... don't judge me but surely I'm not the only one thinking about this or has done it. #dontjudgeme

The crew is trained to spot cheating. They can take away the drink package with no refund. Very simple solution: buy your own drinks here and there.

You are going to get murdered on this post by most people. However, I don't have a problem with it. I also believe that 95% of people will do the same thing and not admit it. Uh oh, now I'm going to get murdered too. Don't tell me that nobody gets that extra bottle of water for their spouse who doesn't have the package.

The crew is trained to spot cheating. They can take away the drink package with no refund. Very simple solution: buy your own drinks here and there.

Give me a break. I have never seen a single bar tender bust anyone. Exactly how are they trained? You just can't be an idiot when giving your spouse a drink.

The rules state he cannot give you drinks. If you will only drink one or two a day, then just buy them individually

*proud member of the 5% that doesn't violate policy for a bottle of water, a soda or a top shelf fancy cocktail

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Give me a break. I have never seen a single bar tender bust anyone. Exactly how are they trained? You just can't be an idiot when giving your spouse a drink.

It's been done. Just because it wasn't blatantly obvious to you doesn't mean anything. They do try to be discreet so as not to encourage the offender to throw a very public hissy fit.

You are going to get murdered on this post by most people. However, I don't have a problem with it. I also believe that 95% of people will do the same thing and not admit it. Uh oh, now I'm going to get murdered too. Don't tell me that nobody gets that extra bottle of water for their spouse who doesn't have the package.

It doesn't phase me, and I know people do it. This will be my first cruise. Everyone we've talked to keeps saying they've done this and keep telling us to just get one package. I know there are those who do it but will never admit to it. I just want to see what people do, there's no saying I will do it, it's a simple question. #murdermethen

Break even for the package is usually around 5 drinks/day. If both of you are the type that would drink 5 drinks a day then I think you'll have logistical issues making it happen- getting 10 drinks/day and funneling half of them to a spouse seems like a lot of work and stress.

OTOH if you might have one drink a night they'd really never know if he picks up a drink for you somewhere while in transit across the ship. This definitely happens.

The rules state he cannot give you drinks. If you will only drink one or two a day, then just buy them individually

*proud member of the 5% that doesn't violate policy for a bottle of water, a soda or a top shelf fancy cocktail

I hear the liquor isn't even that " top shelf" anymore.

Break even for the package is usually around 5 drinks/day. If both of you are the type that would drink 5 drinks a day then I think you'll have logistical issues making it happen- getting 10 drinks/day and funneling half of them to a spouse seems like a lot of work and stress.

OTOH if you might have one drink a night they'd really never know if he picks up a drink for you somewhere while in transit across the ship. This definitely happens.

Thank you for your answer and acknowledgement that yes it does happen

I won't judge you. You can do it. A drink, maybe two a day. Do as you wish, but I always buy the wife her own drink package. I don't wish to be judged either.

We each both buy our own package, because we each like to drink a few drinks at the same time, like at dinner and the show. And, we drink enough to get our money's worth. However, there is not a rule saying both people in the room must have a package.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We each both buy our own package, because we each like to drink a few drinks at the same time, like at dinner and the show. And, we drink enough to get our money's worth. However, there is not a rule saying both people in the room must have a package.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I was wondering about that thanks for clearing that up, that must just be carnival

Last year on the Nav we watched as 2 couples "shared" their drink packages. What a pain in the arse! The one with the package was chronicaly in line to get a drink! Waste of vacation time, and no relaxing for the one with the package!

Loyal2Royal

MOTS 11/04, NOTS 4/18,

Allure 9/17, Anthem 4/18

Yes, your husband can pass you drinks. Like most things in life, moderation and not make a big deal about it goes a long way. also tipping the barkeep/server helps. On my last cruise My mum, wife and I were enjoying poolside drinks, my wife and I had the alcohol package mum did not, we got 3 drinks with just 2 sea passes, however I tipped the server a 5 when we started and another buck a drink he never said anything, that said I probably spent enough on tips to buy my mum the package for the day. Don't let the CC police get you down. As many have said it happens ALL the time, I'm sure those that complain the most are the biggest "offenders"

Yes, your husband can pass you drinks. Like most things in life, moderation and not make a big deal about it goes a long way. also tipping the barkeep/server helps. On my last cruise My mum, wife and I were enjoying poolside drinks, my wife and I had the alcohol package mum did not, we got 3 drinks with just 2 sea passes, however I tipped the server a 5 when we started and another buck a drink he never said anything, that said I probably spent enough on tips to buy my mum the package for the day. Don't let the CC police get you down. As many have said it happens ALL the time, I'm sure those that complain the most are the biggest "offenders"

Trying to sugarcoat what you are doing with the story of giving out tips to alleviate your guilt for stealing? On a basic level you are stealing, saying it happens all the time is another way of avoiding responsibility, if you tell yourself everyone steals that makes you feel less guilty?

Transferred guilt? People who object to your stealing must be guilty of it themselves?

Some people are just more comfortable stealing and using justifications like everyone does it, I spent a lot on this cruise, or in that store so that makes it ok. Sad way to live your life.

Wow, You really believe that 95% of the people on a cruise are stealing? Do you really believe that? Or just find it makes you feel better about your choice to steal, just a little bit? Not surprised you don't have a problem with it, since you have justified your behavior with the teenage excuse that everyone is doing it.

Wow, You really believe that 95% of the people on a cruise are stealing? Do you really believe that? Or just find it makes you feel better about your choice to steal, just a little bit? Not surprised you don't have a problem with it, since you have justified your behavior with the teenage excuse that everyone is doing it.

It's like speeding. Getting away with it, and rationalizing it, makes it legit. 😏

On the anthem a few years ago, I got the drink package and my husband didn't. I got him a few drinks. He drank maybe 4 beers from me the entire cruise. We also were hooked up w a bartender, who knew a personal friend of ours. This person gave him about 4 more free beers the enture cruise. Is it right, no. Does it happen, yes. Personal choice as to what what sin you choose to commit because we all do.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

We all end up paying more to allow cheaters, sigh.

No judgement for what other people do, but this is kind of how I feel. Those who don't cheat pay for those who do by making everything more expensive.

We had one drink package on our cruise in February. Significant other had the package. I brought wine and bottled water onboard for myself and purchased my few drinks during the cruise with my onboard credit. My drinks were around $8.50 each and I was able to stay under $100 for the week.

We saw a family being busted for this on Celebrity. Staff are trained to spot this, and if suspicious they can easily pull up the drinks history and see a pattern. Wife was getting beers for husband. Although handled quietly, it was so embarrassing, for them and us, as we sat close by. I would never risk it.

It doesn't phase me, and I know people do it. This will be my first cruise. Everyone we've talked to keeps saying they've done this and keep telling us to just get one package. I know there are those who do it but will never admit to it. I just want to see what people do, there's no saying I will do it, it's a simple question. #murdermethen

I don't share my package with anyone. I know I will be slammed for saying this, but--- people who do this are just selfish and in the end Royal Caribbean will once again be like Carnival and have everyone 21 or older in the cabin have to buy the package if only one wants it.

The cheaters win for a while and then the rest of us end up paying for what they did. One of my big reasons for changing to Royal Caribbean is that Carnival had so many schemers and cheaters and now many have moved to Royal Caribbean.

Pay for what you want and don't ruin it for the rest of us.