Newbie to Royal Caribbean -- Luggage Tags, Cruise Documents, etc. Questions....

Hi all,

We're going on our 1st cruise with RC, 2nd cruise period, and the 1st was nearly 10 yrs ago when we actually DID get a packet of stuff in the mail.

I've read about printing our tags, set sail pass, finding our "be at the dock at this time" info, etc. but....I cannot find this info on our reservation/MyCruise page, at all.

When I find the area for luggage tags, it says since we are "now within 13 days of sailing, they are no longer available to print" and we need to find them/get them at the dock.

When I find the area for documents, it says not yet available....yet we leave on Sunday, and I still don't know our "assigned" time to be at the dock/pier (sailing on Liberty, out of Galveston), other than "no later than 90 mins prior to sailing" or whatever the standard is.

Will we get an email with this info? I did see where we could "check in" on-line, and DH did that (filled out some kind of form including electronic signatures for all of us), is that what's in place of documents these days? Or will we actually get documents/link to print documents sometime in the next few days??

Do I need to call on this? Or am I mixing up old & new information and this is how things are these days and we'll be fine?

Hi all,

We're going on our 1st cruise with RC, 2nd cruise period, and the 1st was nearly 10 yrs ago when we actually DID get a packet of stuff in the mail.

I've read about printing our tags, set sail pass, finding our "be at the dock at this time" info, etc. but....I cannot find this info on our reservation/MyCruise page, at all.

When I find the area for luggage tags, it says since we are "now within 13 days of sailing, they are no longer available to print" and we need to find them/get them at the dock.

When I find the area for documents, it says not yet available....yet we leave on Sunday, and I still don't know our "assigned" time to be at the dock/pier (sailing on Liberty, out of Galveston), other than "no later than 90 mins prior to sailing" or whatever the standard is.

Will we get an email with this info? I did see where we could "check in" on-line, and DH did that (filled out some kind of form including electronic signatures for all of us), is that what's in place of documents these days? Or will we actually get documents/link to print documents sometime in the next few days??

Do I need to call on this? Or am I mixing up old & new information and this is how things are these days and we'll be fine?

The porter at the dock where you drop your bags will put luggage tags on your bags. Your check in on line forms you should have filled out allows you to print your set sail pass. If you have done this and have pass in hand show up at the dock after 10:30 am on day of sailing.

Now, if you want luggage tags, on your RCL web site where you log in, there is a header above your reservation toward the right that lists cruise documents. If you click on this it should bring up the whole docs and toward the last few pages should be your luggage tags. If all else fails call C&A and ask them[emoji12][emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had the same questions and the tags are paper, my TA advised to get them from the porter! Did you fill out your pre-board information registration online, that has to be complete in full before you can print your sign and sail with boarding time.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

thanks, everyone!

Yes, filled out the on-line "check-in" forms, although it says we can't complete that until 3 days prior....so I guess at that point, then we can print everything.

At least I know I'm in the right spot for it. Thanks!

thanks, everyone!

Yes, filled out the on-line "check-in" forms, although it says we can't complete that until 3 days prior....so I guess at that point, then we can print everything.

At least I know I'm in the right spot for it. Thanks!

I think you need to re-read that online check-in page. You need to complete it PRIOR to 3-days before the cruise, else you won't have access.

I think you need to re-read that online check-in page. You need to complete it PRIOR to 3-days before the cruise, else you won't have access.

Yes, hurry and do that if you want to print it before you go. I have printed all my stuff (except the contract which I never print) at least a week in advance of sailing and some members of the family have done it a month in advance.

Don't panic...if you don't do ANYTHING or print anything, you will still go on your vacation! It's not mandatory! As long as you have money and ID's, you're good to go. The "online" check in saves about 2 mins of time...that's it. The porters have PLENTY of luggage tags! No worries! Calm down, pack and enjoy your vacation!

thanks everyone! I appreciate it :)

I did finish the online check-in, signed the waivers, printed the Set Sail pass & 2 copies of each room's luggage tags....I think we're set now :) Confusing on the website, as it said "must be done 3 days prior" which made it sound like not until 3 days prior, vs "at least" 3 days prior.....thanks for clearing that up.

I appreciate the kindness to cruising newbies here :)

thanks everyone! I appreciate it :)

I did finish the online check-in, signed the waivers, printed the Set Sail pass & 2 copies of each room's luggage tags....I think we're set now :) Confusing on the website, as it said "must be done 3 days prior" which made it sound like not until 3 days prior, vs "at least" 3 days prior.....thanks for clearing that up.

I appreciate the kindness to cruising newbies here :)

You will find that Royal Caribbean is unsurpassed at creating confusion.:rolleyes:

Your Online Check in needs to be completed no later then 3 days from sailing, after that, they will close down and your not able to do your Online check In/. Since you have already done this, it should say Ready to Print. Also go into your Document Status, put in your Email address for being Notified it is ready. On the final page of the Documents should be your Luggage Tags to Print, you don't need to entire Document.

Don't mean to hijack, but have a related question. I have two cabins, two reservations. Second cabin are the children. I was able to print one set sail pass for both cabins. Is that normal, or does each cabin require one?

Don't mean to hijack, but have a related question. I have two cabins, two reservations. Second cabin are the children. I was able to print one set sail pass for both cabins. Is that normal, or does each cabin require one?

If you are not on Harmony or Quantum class, and if the children's names are listed on your SetSail pass, then you are fine.

If you are not on Harmony or Quantum class, and if the children's names are listed on your SetSail pass, then you are fine.

Thanks Bob. We are on Liberty and the children are listed under guest names. So I guess we are set.

Thanks again

Thanks Bob. We are on Liberty and the children are listed under guest names. So I guess we are set.

Thanks again

You're welcome. You could print two copies of the same SetSail pass if, for example, you and your husband want to enter the terminal and/or check-in at different times.