Massage in spa

I have enjoyed them, but you will find many who say the price is too expensive. Honestly, the only time I ever treat myself to a massage is on a cruise ship LOL. It's my way of treating myself. They are definitely experienced.

One thing to keep in mind is they will try to sell you stuff so be prepared to say no or even let them know beforehand you prefer not to purchase anything unless you ask. They have always been really good about it!

Thinking of trying a Swedish massage in the spa this cruise. Anyone had one and if so was it worth the $89 plus tip charge?

$89 seems low. $119 on Rhapsody. :confused:

And yes, it's worth it. :hearteyes:

Yes I think it's worth it but expect the hard sell on products. And $89 is a good price for the hour massage I pay $75 at home so it's pretty comparable and it's usually over $100 when on the ship.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thinking of trying a Swedish massage in the spa this cruise. Anyone had one and if so was it worth the $89 plus tip charge?

I booked the Swedish massage on Anthem of the Seas this past March. Keep in mind the $89 is usually the price for embarkation day or port day. I had my massage done on the 1st sea day at 8am for $109 which is less expensive than say for example a 10am or 3pm time. They will give you a form to fill out, on there I wrote "No product sell please here to relax and enjoy. Thank you." and it worked!

The massage was great!

Sent from my LG-H631 using Forums mobile app

I think they're nice, and no so far out of line with what I'm used to paying at home. To echo others, though, be prepared for the sell at the end. I had one masseuse last year who didn't even wait for me to get dressed again before she was pushing products.

I did my first embarking day massage and will always again. She did extra time because she says not busy on that day. Think they want to get you hooked. And was a fantastic way to start off much needed vacation. I don't always make time for myself to do spa treatments at home so feel that a little extra cost is worth it.

Another hint. We are diamond not sure about other levels discounts. I booked massage online before vacay and got 25%off. Did a facial onboard. Since I had not used the diamond discount on board I got 25% off that service too.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I had one a couple of years ago and the massage itself was excellent, although the very hard sell of products afterwards was disgusting, the lady kind of made out I had to have them, it was confusing at first I thought I had signed up for a package to include products she was so forceful about it.