Buying a Drinks package now or onboard?

We are going on the Vision of the Seas Fall and Foliage voyage in September. After looking at posts on prices of drinks we have decided to buy a Premium package to include beer, wine, cocktails and water. Is there any advantage in buying it now or should we wait until we get on board? My sister in law keeps telling me that I will get a special deal if I wait until we are on the ship. I'm sceptical about that and don't really want to spend the beginning of my holiday queuing up - unless it is really worth it. Thanks for any replies. So looking forward to this cruise.

Just checked - my total cost for the deluxe package "special offer" was $379.96 for seven days on Allure in 12/17. Used a $75 OBC from Royal to lower it to $304.96.

If you buy it on the ship, then you could use other OBC available, such as that provided by your TA, which in our case is $175. We will probably use that on some restaurants.

Most have found it cheaper when buying it before the cruise. 20-30% off by purchasing it ahead of time. I kept my eye on these boards and someone posted 30% off sale and we grabbed it. That was last Fall/Winter. I have not seen that sale since though

Most have found it cheaper when buying it before the cruise. 20-30% off by purchasing it ahead of time. I kept my eye on these boards and someone posted 30% off sale and we grabbed it. That was last Fall/Winter. I have not seen that sale since though

Does anyone happen to know when they become available to purchase pre-cruise? We are cruising in January and there are no listings for beverage packages (although specialty dining is listed). Would it be closer to the cruise or post final payment?

Does anyone happen to know when they become available to purchase pre-cruise? We are cruising in January and there are no listings for beverage packages (although specialty dining is listed). Would it be closer to the cruise or post final payment?

No set time, just keep checking the Cruise Planner.

Sometimes your roll call for your cruise in the Meet and Mingle forum will announce it. I found them here in the RC threads. Both times. I'm usually here looking a few days a week though. Easiest thing is to just check your cruise planner often.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Sometimes your roll call for your cruise in the Meet and Mingle forum will announce it. I found them here in the RC threads. Both times. I'm usually here looking a few days a week though. Easiest thing is to just check your cruise planner often.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Good thinking - will check that out and will continue to look in the cruise planner on occasion.

Thanks for replies. We have plenty of time before we go so I'll keep an eye on the planner. Can't really see it being much cheaper buying it on board as they have a 'captive audience' and on average will probably make more out of you if you buy as you go.