Card on file for room

jenboyd29

We are a family of 5 cruising for the first time and have booked 2 inside rooms. My husband and our 2 boys are in one room and my daughter and myself in the other.

When we check in at the terminal, can we use my husbands credit card to put on file for both rooms or do I have to put a separate card on file for mine?

You can also use your card for my room - LOL.

We always travel with multiple cards just in case anyways. When we did something like your situation, we actually used two different cards for a specific reason. If there was some billing issue, we could keep them separate to help sort out some mess. Not saying this happens often, but... just helps in case.

If your kids are old enough to play arcade games, make sure they can only spend so much money per day. They have to use their room key card to play the machines.

I have seen more than one parent upset because their children unknowingly spend hundreds of dollars that are billed to your credit card.

Have a great cruise and a wonderful cruise experience.

If your kids are old enough to play arcade games, make sure they can only spend so much money per day. They have to use their room key card to play the machines.

I have seen more than one parent upset because their children unknowingly spend hundreds of dollars that are billed to your credit card.

Have a great cruise and a wonderful cruise experience.

Good to know ;) I will definitely set a limit on their cards.

• 4 months later...

If we have 2 separate cabins, and only want to allow my husband and I to charge to the card (we are staying in separate rooms, girls in one room, boys in the other) can we do that? I don't want to have to use 2 separate credit cards just for charges but I also don't want them to put a hold for $300/per room on that card either...

If we have 2 separate cabins, and only want to allow my husband and I to charge to the card (we are staying in separate rooms, girls in one room, boys in the other) can we do that? I don't want to have to use 2 separate credit cards just for charges but I also don't want them to put a hold for $300/per room on that card either...

If a real CC - it is just a hold - no actual charges.

The card I'm using for the onboard account only has a $500 limit, I do plan to pay cash 1/2 way through our trip and again at the end so I'm not actually charging anything to the card except the holds they place at the beginning. I guess my question is will they authorize $300 total or will they need to authorize $600 since its 2 separate rooms? If that's the case, I will only have my husband put the card on his room and he'll have to purchase everything on the ship.