O Points?

Classiccruiser777

They're points you get for winning competitive activities onboard -- trivia, bean bag toss, etc. You get laminated cards with your points (1, 2 or 3) after each event, and on one of the last days of the cruise, there's a redemption time when you can "buy" Oceania-logo swag with your points. Think hats, visors, T-shirts, etc. At least on my cruise, the sellers were very lenient about letting you round up your point numbers to get an item that cost slightly more points than what you had.

We redeemed some points recently and got an umbrella and long sleeved T shirt. I normally give mine to someone avidly collecting, a couple times a preteen on board was collecting. Points are easily earned participating in trivia and bingo, ping pong,golf putting type games.

We redeemed some points recently and got an umbrella and long sleeved T shirt. I normally give mine to someone avidly collecting, a couple times a preteen on board was collecting. Points are easily earned participating in trivia and bingo, ping pong,golf putting type games.

I don't know how easy they are to earn :D

Technically speaking, you have to place in 1st, 2nd or 3rd place in any event to earn the points. That said, I have seen cases where points were given out more liberally - even for just participation. Varies from cruise to cruise.

You have to be on the "right" team to earn O points at trivia; some teams never finish high enough to earn points or earn just a few points (not enough to redeem for anything from trivia alone).

I don't know how easy they are to earn :D

Technically speaking, you have to place in 1st, 2nd or 3rd place in any event to earn the points. That said, I have seen cases where points were given out more liberally - even for just participation. Varies from cruise to cruise.

You have to be on the "right" team to earn O points at trivia; some teams never finish high enough to earn points or earn just a few points (not enough to redeem for anything from trivia alone).

I guess we've been lucky in picking teams.

Sometimes there are some really dominant teams, sometimes the winning teams vary.

We have a lot of swag from Big O points over the past few years. We usually just play trivia, sometimes at night, always in the day. A little baggo and if it's convenient ping pong.

They have got some new stuff recently that I haven't seen in the past.

I guess we've been lucky in picking teams.

Sometimes there are some really dominant teams, sometimes the winning teams vary.

We have a lot of swag from Big O points over the past few years. We usually just play trivia, sometimes at night, always in the day. A little baggo and if it's convenient ping pong.

They have got some new stuff recently that I haven't seen in the past.

The night trivia is easier to get points as fewer teams play.

I haven't seen anything new for redemption. Just got off the Insignia and didn't even use our points for redemption - gave some away.

BTW, our team came in first in the cruise-long total of points - so we did have some O points, just nothing of interest to redeem them for.