AARP GCs available

FLArmyWife

Just popped over to post the same. Get them while they are there.

I looked at noon (CST) and they were not listed. I clicked on the wrong tag just a few minutes ago and since I was already half way there I waited and checked again.

I was very surprised to see them again as they were available May 6th and 13th. Usually they are about 2 weeks apart.

I have been thinking about joining AARP so what's the benefit of the gift cards. Thanks

You get them at a 10% discount. So the $500 one is $450 and the $100 is $90. You do have to also use points you can get by joining AARP, taking quizzes, watching videos, reading articles and they also send emails that have code words that you can use to accumulate 150 points each time you sign in and use it. Hope this helps.

Lerin, that's strange because I just checked and the 100s were still available.

I FINALLY got my card to go through and snagged $300 worth

This is my second purchase, and using two different cards for each.. Why do people have issues with their card not going through? Is this a thing where your CC does not allow large purchases, or is this something on the AARP side?

Just wondering, if it is to personal a question then feel free to ignore.

This is my second purchase, and using two different cards for each.. Why do people have issues with their card not going through? Is this a thing where your CC does not allow large purchases, or is this something on the AARP side?

Just wondering, if it is to personal a question then feel free to ignore.

So I called my bank 3 different times yesterday because of different purchases not going through. 1 was for FTTF on Carnival and the other 2 incidents were the aarp purchases. All other smaller purchases I was making with that card like grocery shopping was going through but not these large merchants. I was convinced it HAD to be my bank. But all 3 times I called they said "it is the merchant. We are authorizing the money and we can see on our side where it's being sent to the merchant but then the merchant denies the purchase and kicks back the money".

I got super frustrated by the time I called the 3rd time and told them I didn't feel that these large merchants were to blame when I openly knew other people being able to make purchases and I was able to make a purchase using a different card. Low and behold the 3rd bank rep I talked to went through and 'verified' something on the account and then told me to try again. I told them if it doesn't go through the next time I try I'm switching my $$ to one of my other accounts (we only have this account because it was the 1st one we had but they aren't widely available). Sure enough this morning when I tried it finally worked. So I am convinced even more it was something on my bank's side.

You get them at a 10% discount. So the $500 one is $450 and the $100 is $90. You do have to also use points you can get by joining AARP, taking quizzes, watching videos, reading articles and they also send emails that have code words that you can use to accumulate 150 points each time you sign in and use it. Hope this helps.

OK so I am new to AARP and I have no clue what all this is about. so do I go to the website and find these quizzes and stuff there? Is that where you also purchase the gift cards? thanks for any help.

Thanks for posting about gift card availability. I was able to pick up some to pay off most of the balance on my 2018 cruise. Maybe in a few months I'll try to get some more to finish paying that cruise and pay onboard expenses for my 2017 cruise. It's always nice to save 10%.

rewards.aarp.org

You have to sign up (but don't have to be of a certain age. There you will see points you earn (you can earn several thousand through your welcome e-mails). The carnival cards are located under the travel section. You have to have points in order to redeem for the discounted giftcard

Look under the "Rewards for Good" at the center, right of the top red banner on the AARP web page. Then follow "Redeem my points" (2nd of 3 choices) to the right of the photo. Look under Travel and choose Travel Gift Cards. Or, look under Gift Cards and choose Travel.

I purchased some earlier today - and still see $100 ones available now.

Best wishes and bon voyage! [it always feels even better at ~10% off, doesn't it?]

as for where to find the quizzes and such.. there may be another way but the one I use is going to aarp.org, when you're signed in click "rewards for good" at the top towards the right. midway down the page will be a list of quizzes