CPAP machine, Breakaway large balcony room

Can anyone tell me if there are outlets near the bed in a large balcony room (#9126) on Breakaway for DH's CPAP machine? I've also read different things about whether we can/should bring our own distilled water and an extension cord. We're driving to the pier, not flying, so the gallon bottle wouldn't be a problem for us. Thanks very much for your help.

Contact the Access Desk before your cruise. They will suggest you bring an extension cord, and they will be more than happy to supply the distilled water. A gallon jug of water weighs about 8lbs -- there is no sense carrying that if you don't have to!

I always take a lightweight extension cord with my cpap and we travel often. Just never know when you might need it.

As to to water - two comments.

1) though they will usually get you some distilled water, keep in mind the water onboard is "distilled" and can be used from the tap. The only reason for distilled is to remove minerals that will build up.

2) When we did our round the world trip last year with carryon only, I needed to save space. So, I decided to try sleeping at home without the humidifier part of the cpap. Guess what - I sleep just fine with it. Has been over a year now with dealing with the water side. Working great for us.

Our last two cruises with extra days on each end were carryon only.

Thanks mdsgu, I'll look on NCL's website for their number, I wasn't sure who to contact at NCL or if they had specific ship info. You're right, that 8 lbs doesn't sound like much but coupled with 2 big suitcases, 2 carryons and my 20 lb handbag... makes sense!

Thanks for the input garycarla. I'm so impressed that you can travel with carryons only! On our first cruise we went crazy (ok I did, DH not as much) packing everything I owned, I had one carryon alone with shoes! We had the gate agents at PHL laughing so much that they completely let us slide on the 50 lb bag limit for my big suitcase. I'm much better now but I'd never get away with just one carryon.

Can anyone tell me if there are outlets near the bed in a large balcony room (#9126) on Breakaway for DH's CPAP machine? I've also read different things about whether we can/should bring our own distilled water and an extension cord. We're driving to the pier, not flying, so the gallon bottle wouldn't be a problem for us. Thanks very much for your help.

The outlets are on the desk across and away from the foot of the bed. We carry a 12' light weight extension cord and a 6' cord to accommodate anything a cruise ship can throw at us (and we sail 5-6times a year).

Call the access desk at 866-584-9756 and request and confirm that hey will provide distilled water for you. Security will NOT let you through with water without special permission. It is less hassle to get the cruise line to provide it.

As the post above, you are at sea level as close to the water as you want to be. The air is not dry. We always leave our humidifiers behind.

Thank you both for the info, and especially for the phone number. Good to know that it's ok to bring our own extension cords, we'll be sure to pack them. I'll ask DH ant possibly leaving the humidifier at home but I don't think he's ever used the cpap without it, even when we've stayed down the shore.

Thank you both for the info, and especially for the phone number. Good to know that it's ok to bring our own extension cords, we'll be sure to pack them. I'll ask DH ant possibly leaving the humidifier at home but I don't think he's ever used the cpap without it, even when we've stayed down the shore.

If your DH has never used his unit without the humidifier, then bring it along. Call the access desk at least 2 weeks before your cruise to arrange for a bottle of distilled water to be in your cabin.Bring your own extension cords (nothing with a surge protect). I think that I said that we normally have a 12' and a 6' to cover all contingencies (and which side of the bed your DH wants to sleep on). The breakaway will have 2 US and 2 European outlets on the desktop (which is across the foot of the bed and on the opposite side of the cabin. There is also a shaver outlet in the bathroom which, if it is working, is good for a shaver (and not the current draw from a humidified CPAP).

If you are not using self walk off (we never do), then make sure you have a bag to carry your CPAP and cords off the ship on disembarkation day (we just have a couple of fabric shopping bags for all of the final night bits and pieces).

Only way to know is to try it at home for a few nights.

If your DH has never used his unit without the humidifier, then bring it along. Call the access desk at least 2 weeks before your cruise to arrange for a bottle of distilled water to be in your cabin.Bring your own extension cords (nothing with a surge protect). I think that I said that we normally have a 12' and a 6' to cover all contingencies (and which side of the bed your DH wants to sleep on). The breakaway will have 2 US and 2 European outlets on the desktop (which is across the foot of the bed and on the opposite side of the cabin. There is also a shaver outlet in the bathroom which, if it is working, is good for a shaver (and not the current draw from a humidified CPAP).

If you are not using self walk off (we never do), then make sure you have a bag to carry your CPAP and cords off the ship on disembarkation day (we just have a couple of fabric shopping bags for all of the final night bits and pieces).

Thanks for such detailed information BirdTravels, very much appreciated. DH has a carrying case for his cpap and all extra pieces, he actually kept his old cpap to use whenever we travel. I guess we'll have to check how many amps his cpap pulls to make sure we have a good enough extension cord for it.