Sky Loft Suite Reclassification to Sky Class

Hi everyone,

I really quite puzzled and disappointed as to how this situation as occurred. I would like to know if anyone else is in this situation.

We booked a Sky Loft Suite on Ovation Of The Seas, departing in January 2018. At the time of booking 6 months ago, this suite was classified as being Star Class.

We have now been informed of the reclassification of this room from Star Class to Sky Class. This means we have suddenly lost a whole host of perks, such as the Genie, drinks package, gratuities, etc.

After speaking to various people at RC, we were informed there is supposedly nothing they can do and all they offered was a $50 on-board voucher.

How is this even legal? We purchased a Star Class ticket, which had separate line items in the cost breakdown that we’ve paid for such as the drinks package. They’ve taken it away from us and haven’t even refunded the money. This is absurd and to me looks utterly illegal, breaking several consumer protection laws. Surely, our booking should be honoured.

The reclassification doesn't go into effect until April 26, 2018. Assuming that you are sailing in January 2018, you will still receive Star class perks.

This is confusing, considering we have been told both via email and several times on the phone that we will not fall under Star Class. Is there any official confirmation anywhere that this is the case? Thanks.

This is confusing, considering we have been told both via email and several times on the phone that we will not fall under Star Class. Is there any official confirmation anywhere that this is the case? Thanks.

If you google you can easily find the dates. The dates were tied in with the new schedule releases for next year.

You can also tell by the deck plans as the date the deck plans change for each ship is when the new categories apply.

Hi everyone,

I really quite puzzled and disappointed as to how this situation as occurred. I would like to know if anyone else is in this situation.

We booked a Sky Loft Suite on Ovation Of The Seas, departing in January 2018. At the time of booking 6 months ago, this suite was classified as being Star Class.

We have now been informed of the reclassification of this room from Star Class to Sky Class. This means we have suddenly lost a whole host of perks, such as the Genie, drinks package, gratuities, etc.

After speaking to various people at RC, we were informed there is supposedly nothing they can do and all they offered was a $50 on-board voucher.

How is this even legal? We purchased a Star Class ticket, which had separate line items in the cost breakdown that we’ve paid for such as the drinks package. They’ve taken it away from us and haven’t even refunded the money. This is absurd and to me looks utterly illegal, breaking several consumer protection laws. Surely, our booking should be honoured.

RCI has told me 2 things.

1. Sky lofts are becoming star lofts

2. The new categories won't take place until the next deployment session- all cruises previously booked were good to go.