FLL Hotel Advice/Strategy???

bubba2012

Hello,

We will be sailing March 17, 2018 out of FLL port for an 8 night cruise. I am reviewing several options and trying to seek some advice from others.

We (2 Adults/2 kids)live in Orlando area so will be driving to port. I am contemplating driving up on the 16th for one night. I have begun my search and realize this is peak season so rates are higher.

1. I am undecided if I should park at port (never been to this one so not familiar). I hear it can be confusing.

2. Find a hotel that offers parking and shuttle to and from port.

3. Stay a little farther out and find better hotel rate and then use Park N Go.

I have found some options such as Springfield suites in Dania beach that offers a package for parking up to 14 days, free shuttle for ONLY 2 to port. The rate was $330 with tax. But I'd still pay $10 each for kids to port and then $40 on way back to hotel after cruise. I figure an Uber would be similiar cost, maybe cheaper. Plus during peak season and waiting for a shuttle may not fit into my patience scale...ha ha.

I see the Westin on Corporate drive is more reasonable price wise at $179 plus tax. Not sure how far away it is from port or if this is a good spot.

I'm not to worried about needing a lot around hotel for dinner or breakfast since we have a car.

I have looked at closer options and price is $300 plus. This isn't my first preference to spend so much for one night, but it is what it is.

The hotels I mentioned were just examples, not necessarily my first choices. I would just like some insight from more experienced with the area and possibly been in similar situation.

Thanks for any help

Scott

We always stay on 17th St at either the Renaissance or the Hilton, but there is also an Embasy Suites there, and a Hyatt Pier 66. The Renaissance offers a shuttle to port for only $6pp. I do not remember if we used a taxi or shuttle from the Hilton. A ton of places to eat within walking distance.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Any reason why you need a hotel? Can't you get up early on the morning of your cruise and drive to PE in about 3.5 hours? :confused:

I would also price out two one way rentals and skipping the parking fees.

Any reason why you need a hotel? Can't you get up early on the morning of your cruise and drive to PE in about 3.5 hours? :confused:

I would also price out two one way rentals and skipping the parking fees.

It's an option to drive the morning of cruise. I just take into consideration any possible delays; accidents, car troubles or something to cause possible being late. It's worth the peace of mind to drive a day early, but that's just me.

I'm looking into one way rentals as well, and see if it's cost effective.

It's an option to drive the morning of cruise. I just take into consideration any possible delays; accidents, car troubles or something to cause possible being late. It's worth the peace of mind to drive a day early, but that's just me.

I'm looking into one way rentals as well, and see if it's cost effective.

I like the way you think. We also like to arrive at the port at least one day before the cruise. On one of the cruises, I decided to spend the night in San Antonio instead of Houston. We had a cruise on board Disney out of Galveston.

My theory was no need to hurry up to get to Houston. Spend a leisurely evening in San Antonio then drive to Houston in the morning. For some odd reason, I woke up at 4 am and looked at the weather radar on my phone. Big red glob heading our way between San Antonio and Houston.

The trip between San Antonio and Houston usually takes about three hours. It took us 8 hours due to the weather. So more assuming it will be OK if we drive the day of the cruise.

I like the way you think. We also like to arrive at the port at least one day before the cruise. On one of the cruises, I decided to spend the night in San Antonio instead of Houston. We had a cruise on board Disney out of Galveston.

My theory was no need to hurry up to get to Houston. Spend a leisurely evening in San Antonio then drive to Houston in the morning. For some odd reason, I woke up at 4 am and looked at the weather radar on my phone. Big red glob heading our way between San Antonio and Houston.

The trip between San Antonio and Houston usually takes about three hours. It took us 8 hours due to the weather. So more assuming it will be OK if we drive the day of the cruise.

I share those thoughts. Plus arriving a day early allows us to relax verses the rush of a 3 hour drive in morning. It's all preference.

We usually go out of PC and it's a little over a hour drive so a bit different. We've never gone out of PE so just trying to get some insight on hotel/parking as unfamiliar with area.

Check out the hotels nearer the airport. Only 10 minutes from the port. Some will offer parking packages. Easy Uber or cab ride away.

Stay123.Com or parksleepfly.com will offer help.

Check out the hotels nearer the airport. Only 10 minutes from the port. Some will offer parking packages. Easy Uber or cab ride away.

Stay123.Com or parksleepfly.com will offer help.

Thanks for the insight. Has anyone used hotelnparking.com? They have listed Hyatt place 17th street convention center for $229 and includes 7 days parking, each additional parking day $7. Plus shuttle for $7 per person although I think being 1/2 mile from port a taxi is better option.

Anyone ever use this site to book a hotel? Thx

This is a beautiful hotel that we used last year. I tried to book it yesterday and they no longer have the free parking.. it is close to the port, but we try to get somewhere that gives us free parking.:')

Did you confirm with hotel they no longer had free parking? I don't see a park and cruise option when trying to book directly with hotel. Although on hotelnparking site they offer it with room purchase.

Hello,

We will be sailing March 17, 2018 out of FLL port for an 8 night cruise. I am reviewing several options and trying to seek some advice from others.

We (2 Adults/2 kids)live in Orlando area so will be driving to port. I am contemplating driving up on the 16th for one night. I have begun my search and realize this is peak season so rates are higher.

1. I am undecided if I should park at port (never been to this one so not familiar). I hear it can be confusing.

I have found some options such as Springfield suites in Dania beach that offers a package for parking up to 14 days, free shuttle for ONLY 2 to port. The rate was $330 with tax. But I'd still pay $10 each for kids to port and then $40 on way back to hotel after cruise. I figure an Uber would be similiar cost, maybe cheaper. Plus during peak season and waiting for a shuttle may not fit into my patience scale...ha ha.

I see the Westin on Corporate drive is more reasonable price wise at $179 plus tax. Not sure how far away it is from port or if this is a good spot.

I'm not to worried about needing a lot around hotel for dinner or breakfast since we have a car.

I have looked at closer options and price is $300 plus. This isn't my first preference to spend so much for one night, but it is what it is.

The hotels I mentioned were just examples, not necessarily my first choices. I would just like some insight from more experienced with the area and possibly been in similar situation.

Thanks for any help

Scott

A taxi to PE from SpringHill Suites would be about $20 (Uber less), so the free shuttle for two and paying for two is a wash. Then you will have to taxi back to the hotel to pick up your car, so now you're up to about $40 + $330 for the hotel to get "free" parking. I think you should consider two, one way car rentals or driving the morning of and use discount parking with shuttle for four at US1.

http://www.simpleairportparking.com/port-everglades-cruise-parking---us1-airport-parking-109-airport-parking-vendor.html

Also, the Westin is pretty far north (13 miles) and charges guests for parking. You should check the La Quinta Inn-FLL Airport which allows up to 14 days free parking. I'm getting a AAA rate of $170.10 for March 16, 2018. They don't have a port shuttle so add the $40 for round trip taxi fare.

Edited by EnterCruise

A taxi to PE from SpringHill Suites would be about $20 (Uber less), so the free shuttle for two and paying for two is a wash. Then you will have to taxi back to the hotel to pick up your car, so now you're up to about $40 + $330 for the hotel to get "free" parking. I think you should consider two, one way car rentals or driving the morning of and use discount parking with shuttle for four at US1.

http://www.simpleairportparking.com/port-everglades-cruise-parking---us1-airport-parking-109-airport-parking-vendor.html

Also, the Westin is pretty far north (13 miles) and charges guests for parking. You should check the La Quinta Inn-FLL Airport which allows up to 14 days free parking. I'm getting a AAA rate of $170.10 for March 16, 2018. They don't have a port shuttle so add the $40 for round trip taxi fare.

Thanks for your input. After pricing one way rentals it's a less favorable option as it would be more then just driving and parking in a lot such as park n go (8.99 per day).

Thank you for the insight on how far the Westin actually is. Ill check the La Quinta Inn -FLL. Sounds like an idea, and could just use a cab or uber to port.

I stayed at LaQuinta FLL airport pre-cruise last month and in April 2016, leaving my car both times during the cruise. There were only two of us so we used the shuttle service ($8 pp, iirc) to the port but grabbed a taxi (~ $25) back to the hotel post cruise. (Be sure to have the LaQuinta address and know the best route back to the hotel to "suggest" to your driver.) In your case, a taxi both ways is your better deal. You might check out getting the LaQuinta Rewards Visa to received the bonus points (20,000 bonus points after first purchase using the card) to get the room with points.

I used hotelnparking.com in February 2014 to book the park and cruise package at the Fairfield Inn and Suites (Dania) and in March 2015 to book the park and cruise package at Cambria Inn and Suites (Dania). If nothing else, I will check the site to see what hotels are offered and at what price to get an idea of what to aim for.

We drove to Ft. Lauderdale for our April cruise in 2016. We stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn in Dania beach. There are other hotels in that area as well and a large shopping area. We then used Park N Go which was an excellent service.

We have stayed at hotels with park and stay and always must wait at the terminal for a long time and we are always are ready to get on the road, the sooner the better.

Thanks for all the replies and suggestions. I found a deal through parksleepfly.com at Hyatt Place 17th street 1/2 mile from port for $189 plus tax and included parking at hotel for 10 days. We'll get a taxi or uber to/from port being so close to port. I imagine cost each way would be less then $10.

This is a beautiful hotel that we used last year. I tried to book it yesterday and they no longer have the free parking.. it is close to the port, but we try to get somewhere that gives us free parking.:')

Looking for hotels too, but a can't see a link to the hotel you describe?

• 2 weeks later...
Hello,

Thanks for any help

Scott

We are sailing out of FLL on March 25th, and are driving down from NY.

I couldn't find a hotel in FLL for less than $300 a night. Plus we need parking.

We ended up booking a hotel in Stuart Florida for $79 a night (and includes breakfast). We will drive the hour and a half to the port early in the morning and just park at the port for $80 (6 days).

So for a bit of driving in the morning and staying a bit farther out, I saved half the cost.

Just a thought. It at least puts you closer to Fort Lauderdale rather than driving all the way from Orlando.

March 25th 2018 will be prime spring break season - do not expect hotel prices to drop. I like the idea of staying further out, saving $$, and an easy drive to the port the morning of your cruise. We once spent the night near Orlando and drove to POM the morning of our cruise - sure beat spending $300+ for a Miami hotel.

March 25th 2018 will be prime spring break season - do not expect hotel prices to drop. I like the idea of staying further out, saving $$, and an easy drive to the port the morning of your cruise. We once spent the night near Orlando and drove to POM the morning of our cruise - sure beat spending $300+ for a Miami hotel.

Yep...March 25, 2018 is Palm Sunday, the Sunday before Easter. That week is the very peak of peak season, so hotel rates are going nowhere but up between now and then.

We are sailing out of FLL on March 25th, and are driving down from NY.

I couldn't find a hotel in FLL for less than $300 a night. Plus we need parking.

We ended up booking a hotel in Stuart Florida for $79 a night (and includes breakfast). We will drive the hour and a half to the port early in the morning and just park at the port for $80 (6 days).

So for a bit of driving in the morning and staying a bit farther out, I saved half the cost.

Just a thought. It at least puts you closer to Fort Lauderdale rather than driving all the way from Orlando.

I did think of that option but got a price I was comfortable with at Hyatt Place for $189 with 10 days free parking. So I'd rather pay a little more to be minutes from port.

My drive is less than 3 hrs anyway so unless I found a good deal within 30 minutes of port I would've considered it, but stumbled on the deal I found so I'm happy with it.

I did think of that option but got a price I was comfortable with at Hyatt Place for $189 with 10 days free parking. So I'd rather pay a little more to be minutes from port.

My drive is less than 3 hrs anyway so unless I found a good deal within 30 minutes of port I would've considered it, but stumbled on the deal I found so I'm happy with it.

Where did you get this deal? I can't find the rates yet at Hyatt.

Where did you get this deal? I can't find the rates yet at Hyatt.

Parksleephotels.com

Only had to put a deposit of $20ish down, the rest at check in. Plus I emailed them to confirm parking is at hotel, and they responded within minutes that it is. Any other questions let me know.

• 4 weeks later...
Parksleephotels.com

Only had to put a deposit of $20ish down, the rest at check in. Plus I emailed them to confirm parking is at hotel, and they responded within minutes that it is. Any other questions let me know.

Do you know if I can use this site to book if we don't have a car? I got the same $189 rate you did. If I book direct, it's over $300. And there's a "room only" link on the psh site, but that gives a higher rate than $189. I'm trying to make sense of it. We just need one night 3/24/18 and all the hotels are $250+.