St Kitts - Black Rock, Timothy Hill and beach

oliavewal

Will taxis in St Kitts take you to only see Black Rock, Timothy Hill and then drop off at a beach? I've researched island tours but they include other places I'm not interested in seeing and the extra stops will cut our beach time.

Thanks

Go to Trip Advisor and do a little research. They are wonderful with info, pics, and reviews from actual people and you can map out any plan you wish. ... :cool:https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attractions-g147374-Activities-St_Kitts_St_Kitts_and_Nevis.html

Go to Trip Advisor and do a little research. They are wonderful with info, pics, and reviews from actual people and you can map out any plan you wish. ... :cool:https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attractions-g147374-Activities-St_Kitts_St_Kitts_and_Nevis.html

Thanks! I have looked all through TripAdvisor and here and that's how I've narrowed down to only want to see the spots I asked about. I just can't find out how to do just the 3 I'm interested in.

Have not visited St Kitts but, in many other ports, we have taken a "private tour" via taxi with no problem. I am guessing if you walk out of the cruise terminal building, you will find taxis. I would suggest simply asking a couple if they would take you to the places you want to see. Good luck and have a great cruise!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Will taxis in St Kitts take you to only see Black Rock, Timothy Hill and then drop off at a beach? I've researched island tours but they include other places I'm not interested in seeing and the extra stops will cut our beach time. Thanks

It shouldn't be a problem. We were there in 2014. You'll find a crowd of taxi drivers waiting just outside the port entrance, all offering island tours. I didn't want an island tour, I just wanted to go to Brimstone Hill. After the initial frenzy of groups piling into vans, I approached a couple drivers that hadn't gotten a tour group. I told them what I wanted to do and one of them agreed. We settled on a price and headed to Brimstone Hill. I bought him lunch at the snack shack on site, and while I toured the fort, he hung out with the other drivers. When I was done, I headed back to the van and we headed back to the ship. easy peasy

The St. Kitts taxi drivers will take you essentially to any spot you want to go to, and if it is a beach they will drop you off and return for you at the time you want. We have done this several times to Carambola Beach Club on South Friars Bay, and Palm Court Gardens, as examples.

They will also quote you the rates in advance and are very dependable. Once on the pier, walk a couple of blocks into the town and shopping area and the taxi base is on the right, a block off that central street.