Suggestions on tour companies (not w/ cruise ship) to take excursion to Rio Secreto?

cruisefanatic2713

We're going on RCCL ship and have heard too many negative things about being stuck with nothing to do/being forced to go shopping in Playa for hours rather than getting right back on ferry to Cozumel. Suggestions on independent tour companies that would take us from cruise ship to Rio Secreto? Thanks in advance.

You can also pay your own ferry and taxi fares and just enroll for a tour on their site. Do you prefer an independent outfit that organizes all of that for you?

This outfit is well-regarded and will meet you after you get off the ferry at Playa, you can contact them for details -

http://www.playadelcarmentours.com/rio-secreto.htm

You can also pay your own ferry and taxi fares and just enroll for a tour on their site. Do you prefer an independent outfit that organizes all of that for you?

I do actually. It's just my sister and I (20 and 21) and I'd prefer to not have to worry too much about the details and such :)

• 9 months later...

I know this thread is old, but we recently had a relevant experience. We booked through Shore Excursions Group, and the tour operator was Blue Caribe. It wasn't technically Rio Secreto, but I honestly think it was better - it was a small group (5), while I watched three huge buses turn off to Rio Secreto. Our tour guide Stefano was absolutely fantastic, and in contrast to Rio Secreto, we were allowed to use our own waterproof cameras, and buying the photos they took ended up being only $25 as compared to the $100 Rio Secreto charges. We also didn't get stuck at any shopping experience, just stayed at their facility long enough to have a bite to eat (provided) and then back to the ferry. HIGHLY recommended!

The original 2 ferry companies are still running...but only 1 ferry runs per hour. You miss it and you are stuck waiting for another hour. Just keep that in mind. You don't want to miss your ship, because you are stuck over in PDC waiting for a ferry.