First time on a cruise all help welcome!

BunnyMunroe73

Companies like Gray Line do a special San Francisco Tour & Alcatraz , lasts 7.5 hours - about $130

Alcatraz availability is sometimes restricted or you have to queue for ages. Well worth the trip but worth booking in advance.

San Francisco is quite compact (but hilly) so you could book an Alcatraz ticket on its own directly for about $37 (includes the ferry crossing) , Alcatraz is probably a 3 hour trip and you can spend the rest of the day exploring the city. Definitely worth a ride or two on the famous cable cars. My tip would be to not wait at any of terminuses for a ride as the queues can be very long. The conductor usually leaves a few standing spaces and you can usually get on very quickly by waiting one stop from the terminus, which is usually only a couple if hundred metres. IIRC it's a flat fee no matter how long you ride (you have to get off at the terminus)

The Aqua Spa Café in the Solarium is for everyone, not just Aqua Class. It isn't usually crowded and offers healthier fare. The desserts and pastries at Café al Baccio are free even though the coffees and teas aren't unless you have a beverage package. I often take smoked salmon and capers to the omelet station at the Ocean View Café and ask for them to be included with my omelet. You can take drinks from one place to another on the ship, including your cabin. Room service is free (there are some extra fee items) and can be ordered from your stateroom TV (except late night there is a small charge) There is a waffle station all the way at the back of the Infinity Buffet that also offers paninis at lunchtime.

Cabin walls are magnetic so we bring strong magnetic hooks to add to storage space or for holding notes etc.

More than anything, you will discover that cruise ships are the land of YES. The crew is eager to please, and extremely

helpful. Enjoy yourselves.

Another point on room service. The regular MDR meals are available from room service during lunch and dinner at no cost. The menu's are available from your steward, outside the dining room and I understand are no available on some ships on your TV

Hi Everyone,

My partner and I are travelling to America together for the first time this September and have booked the celebrity infinity cruise going out from LA for 1 week.

Has anyone any advice for us? :)

We are coming from Ireland and want this trip to be amazing and we are heading to New York before LA.

Thanks

I assume you know you will need a visa (ESTA) to visit the U.S.A.

As you will be leaving from Ireland you will be able to do your immigration formalities at your Irish airport. This we'll save you a huge amount of time when you land in New York.

We sailed on Infinity in 2003 & again in 2013.

In 2013 I exchanged our mid ship's cabin for a family balcony (FV) at the back of the ship as they hadn't been booked by families., so were released for general sale. This gave us a huge balcony, and lounge as well as bedroom.

Balcony views

9381d93d846f8121c3246895e451aa73.jpg

Lounge and Bedroom

cfa013c14adabf84c14e7556402b6360.jpg

Do make sure you join the Roll Call, you can pick up a lot of tips that way ( providing it's an active one)

Edited by upwarduk

Hi Bunny,

I think roxie has given you the best advice. I think I wouldadvise you to be like the Scots - have deep pockets and short arms. Don't overpack. You won't need three outfits a day and I'm fairly certain most folksdon't look at your shoes. As advised, read the dailies. There will be atendency to go, see, do everything. You won’t be able to do it all. Makesure you join the roll call for your cruise. You will make new friends and findthose that will love you assist with specific questions. You may even findprivate tours to join in.

Welcome to the UnitedStates.

Bob

My only caveat is that I feel one can never bring too many underwear and socks.

The most important thing to do before you board is to decide you will like it! Being grumpy because of a preconceived idea isn't happening can taint a beautiful experience. Have fun! Let go! Enjoy!

yes-join-us.jpg

I Kid of course

Edited by CruisingUS