Royal Princess - booking a cabin in a good location

Tweedy

I was looking at these cabins on the Royal/Regal. Do you hear noise from the Sanctuary above you...like dragging deck chairs? Once I stayed under the pool on another cruise line and every morning (very early) I would hear them dragging the deck chairs either to set up or clean. So I was wondering if noise was an issue under the sanctuary.

We do not recommend putting in for an upgrade if you really want L101/102. The common upgrade is to a DW category and you will find yourself having a tiny balcony with a view of the top of a life boat. You can not count on getting your old cabin back if you do not like the upgrade.

We do not recommend putting in for an upgrade if you really want L101/102. The common upgrade is to a DW category and you will find yourself having a tiny balcony with a view of the top of a life boat. You can not count on getting your old cabin back if you do not like the upgrade.

Okay, thanks for the good advice!

Yes. both the website and the atlas. Probably a glitch somewhere. The cruise is sold out so there is no moving in any event. But as I mentioned, the location is perfectly situated for our preferences and I'm not concerned about the connecting cabin. Odds are that the people next to us will have more issues with us than we with them. (Not that we plan to be loud or rude. But we tend to be up early and out late. "Rope Drop to Closing" as they say in Disney-speak.)

One must actually click on the cabin on the deck plans before it shows that it connects to another cabin.

If I were booking I would try to get in the middle of the deck!! We were on the Royal in November, had a balcony on deck 8 in the back of the ship. I never walked so much in my life. Study the deck plans, locate the elevators and happy sailing.

Heh... We just booked 49 days on Royal in a deck 8 balcony in the aft portion of the ship. Lots of walking. GOOD! That's how we avoid gaining a bunch of weight. We did a 17 day cruise and gained zero pounds. Lots and lots of walking and stairs. :cool:

I was actually going to book forward on Lido but, even though it was the first day the cruise was offered, those cabins all showed as sold out.

Heh... We just booked 49 days on Royal in a deck 8 balcony in the aft portion of the ship. Lots of walking. GOOD! That's how we avoid gaining a bunch of weight. We did a 17 day cruise and gained zero pounds. Lots and lots of walking and stairs. :cool:

I was actually going to book forward on Lido but, even though it was the first day the cruise was offered, those cabins all showed as sold out.

Enjoy your cruise and Deck 8!! I think our cabin was #714 actually it was an upgrade!! By doing all that walking we met some very nice people in the hallways!! Have a great cruise.

Another vote for the forward facing cabins on the lido deck...if they are sold out go for the Marina deck....our favorite is also L101!!

I may be crazy. We had L101 booked for the September transatlantic on the Regal but switched yesterday to an angled deluxe obstructed balcony on Emerald deck when it became available. Thanks to cruise critic members who posted photos of that stateroom and balcony so I know exactly what the view is both outward and side to side. Two out of three are excellent :D I read too many comments that said you couldn't see the water from the forward facing balconies while sitting and decided I'd miss that. Net price was exactly the same. Our friends are booked in a forward facing cabin on Marina deck so we'll find out if what I read was true.

Edited by kjquilts

I read too many comments that said you couldn't see the water from the forward facing balconies while sitting and decided I'd miss that.

I understand the need to see the water. For L101/102,M107/108 we bring 7 " risers to bring the chairs up to a comfortably level see over the railings. I know, I know, more unnecessary stuff to bring but it is no hardship for us, in fact we always walk from the Renaissance to terminal 2 in FLL.

A lot of people either love or hate the forward cabins, but it sounds like you picked a very nice cabin.

I understand the need to see the water. For L101/102,M107/108 we bring 7 " risers to bring the chairs up to a comfortably level see over the railings. I know, I know, more unnecessary stuff to bring but it is no hardship for us, in fact we always walk from the Renaissance to terminal 2 in FLL.

A lot of people either love or hate the forward cabins, but it sounds like you picked a very nice cabin.

You walk from the Renaissance??? You have my respect!!

We always book balcony cabins on a deck with cabins above and below us for less noise, I prefer mid ship, or mid aft, and lower down usually Dophin deck because of motion issues...we aren't super fussy but must have that balcony for the fresh air and a bit of personal space. As to walking, we actually love some extra walking to avoid the weight gain... everyone will have different ideas..