Captain Albert Returns

BSinPNS

Captain Albert is posting again on the "new" Holland America blog site. https://www.hollandamerica.com/blog/albert/

Thanks! I enjoy his blog and the inside view.

Native New Yorker observations coming: Why he chose to stay in Jamaica is beyond me. There are so much closer places to stay that are a LOT nicer if you are sailing from Brooklyn. Also- the cables he references next to the "Ed Koch Bridge" (we all call it the 59th St bridge) goes to Roosevelt Island. The tram is operational and gives some nifty views of the city. However - it does get stuck from time to time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks! I enjoy his blog and the inside view.

Native New Yorker observations coming: Why he chose to stay in Jamaica is beyond me. There are so much closer places to stay that are a LOT nicer if you are sailing from Brooklyn. Also- the cables he references next to the "Ed Koch Bridge" (we all call it the 59th St bridge) goes to Roosevelt Island. The tram is operational and gives some nifty views of the city. However - it does get stuck from time to time!

His choice of where to stay may not be up to him. It may be due to wherever HAL has booked accommodations for him. (I am assuming that HAL does provide such hotel reservations as required for their Officers to reach their ships.)

His choice of where to stay may not be up to him. It may be due to wherever HAL has booked accommodations for him. (I am assuming that HAL does provide such hotel reservations as required for their Officers to reach their ships.)

It's possible- but still, not convenient. To be honest, I was even aware there are that many hotels in Jamaica that are tourist-grade. The Air Train runs to JFK and the LIRR to Penn, but it's an odd place to stay.

Still- glad to see a HAL ship was in NYC. It would be nice if they sailed out of here more frequently.