Alaska cruise on Amsterdam in summer - thoughts?

BearlyRob

I am considering a last minute HAL cruise to Alaska on the Amsterdam ship in July. Does anyone have any thoughts or recommendations on this? Is this a good time to see Alaska? What's the weather like? What's the Amsterdam ship like? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

I did an Alaskan cruise on the Amsterdam last May-June. Weather in Alaska is a crap shoot. It was unseasonably warm compared to previous trips at that time of year. Amsterdam is an older ship but well maintained. Doesn't have some of the amenities of other HAL ships such as the Music Walk. If the price is right, go for it.

Roz

My cruises to Alaska in July have had better weather overall than the ones in later months, but as said: weather in Alaska is a crap shoot, so YMMV.

Is this the 14-day itinerary? If so, then it's worth it in all kinds of weather, since it goes to places the other itineraries don't go to.

If it is a different routing this year, it is still worth it, as it's Alaska after all! One of the best destinations that isn't hard to get to.