Question about lowest price guarantee.

Booman14

I have a question about Carnival's lowest price guarantee.... I just booked a cruise in October with a travel agent and she said that if the price ever drops, she can apply the difference to onboard credit. Does this only apply to Carnival's price or if I find a cheaper price at any site? Also, at what point does this stop? Does this go until the cruise leaves or final payment or is there another time? I have also asked my travel agent, but I wanted to see what everyone here said about it.

Thanks in advance.

I would think the OBC would only be done for any Carnival price drops on that ship, for the same cabin category. I can not say how your TA handles a cutoff date for price drops. Booking on Carnival's "early saver" rate, I believe it goes through 2 days prior to sailing, but that could be slightly wrong. :rolleyes:

If you are a US customer - any of the mainstream cruise lines will honor price drops on their prices prior to final payment. Carnival's early saver policy throws a twist on this where they will honor price drops up until shortly before sailing via OBC. The downside is your deposit which would normally be refundable, becomes non-refundable.

Price matching has to be carnival's price on the same cabin category and the same cruise. So if you are in a category bc balcony and the guarantee balacony rate drops you won't be able to price match.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Carnival's early saver policy throws a twist on this where they will honor price drops up until shortly before sailing via OBC. The downside is your deposit which would normally be refundable, becomes non-refundable.

Doesn't the downside you refer to only apply if you have to cancel your cruise before final payment if booked Earl Saver? And then you will only lose $50 p/p and the remaining deposit will be held to apply to a future cruise within a certain amount of time?

Edited by tandemcruzr
Clarification

Doesn't the downside you refer to only apply if you have to cancel your cruise before final payment if booked Earl Saver? And then you will only lose $50 p/p and the remaining deposit will be held to apply to a future cruise within a certain amount of time?

Correct. If you book any other booking type or with any other cruise line, the deposits are 100% refundable up until final payment. With ES the deposits aren't refundable at all and there's a fee to move the deposits to another sailing. So if you change your mind on taking a cruise all together you lose the deposits.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums