Train from Rome airport to cruise port area?

Alohaaloha

The train web site is www.trenitalia.com

To get the Frecce you'd have to go to Termini in Rome, quite a bit out of the way for someone traveling from the airport to Civitavecchia, but it's certainly possible. You would take the Leonardo Express from the airport to Termini and change there for the Freece to Civitavecchia.

When using the Trenitalia web site:

- The airport train station is Fiumicino Aeroporto

- Choose tomorrow's date to see the full list of trains (use a date too far in the future limits what you see)

I love trains but why start your vacation exhausted from hauling 50lb bags up and down stairs and risking actually hurting yourself ALL in the quest to save $100. And yes I'd rather have that $100 to spend elsewhere but arriving exhausted and having pulled my back out to save a few bucks seems a very poor choice.

But that's just me!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I love trains but why start your vacation exhausted from hauling 50lb bags up and down stairs and risking actually hurting yourself ALL in the quest to save $100. And yes I'd rather have that $100 to spend elsewhere but arriving exhausted and having pulled my back out to save a few bucks seems a very poor choice.

But that's just me!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Lots of people agree with you or there wouldn't be so many shuttles/private cars. But it's still a good option for those whose priorities and travel style may be different from yours. No need to call it a 'poor choice'.

I'm not a carry-on traveler but I can pack fairly light and I am used to getting around on my own and using public transport. I can't say I've ever felt in danger of pulling out my back, but I would not recommend the train for those who have trouble managing their luggage on their own.

I think that many people just don't realize what hard work (yes hard work) dragging "normal" 25inch bags and a carry on thru the train system. Luggage not being able to be with you (once on board) up & down stairs in a couple (3) different stations and that final walk (nearly a mile) to the port.

I would and have done the trip with no bags to go to town, no problem.

So for you maybe it's a cake walk but I think people really need to see the whole picture, when tired from a long International Flight and don't speak or read Italian. And yes lots of people speak English (lots don't or choose not to).

It's one thing to offer people options and information that helps them select among them, it's quite another to label their choices "poor" if they don't align with yours. Intelligent, informed, capable people can line up the same set of facts and still come to different conclusions because they have different priorities, experiences, needs, etc.

It's one thing to offer people options and information that helps them select among them, it's quite another to label their choices "poor" if they don't align with yours. Intelligent, informed, capable people can line up the same set of facts and still come to different conclusions because they have different priorities, experiences, needs, etc.

"poor" was a poor choice of words. However leading people to believe this is a cake walk to drag their bags from airport to port on the train system plus a mile-ish walk at the end of the trip is doing many Rome travelers a huge disservice. IMHO

I just went back through this entire thread and not one post suggested that it was a "cakewalk". In fact, in the very first response I clearly said "with two suitcases and two carryons this will not be an easy transfer. Possible, but not easy."

Your need to be right on this issue seems to be clouding your ability to read what's actually on the page.

Thank you everyone for sharing all of your opinions....

Due to a shoulder injury I am unable to help transport my luggage up and down stairs. The easiest mode of transportation is what I need..

Has anyone here ever booked their transfers directly through the cruise ship.? We plan to do a pre and post stay in Rome so we can take our time seeing all the sites that peak our interest.

Thank you for your polite and positive answers..

Angela

Thank you everyone for sharing all of your opinions....

Due to a shoulder injury I am unable to help transport my luggage up and down stairs. The easiest mode of transportation is what I need..

Has anyone here ever booked their transfers directly through the cruise ship.? We plan to do a pre and post stay in Rome so we can take our time seeing all the sites that peak our interest.

Thank you for your polite and positive answers..

Angela

See post #11 of this thread for a van shuttle direct from port to Rome and Rome to port. Run by the port of Civi.