Venice hotel to port

vino100

Here is a map of the entire port. If you look towards the top right of the yellow areas you'll see where the water taxi stand is. The length of your walk will depend on your ship's berth assignment.

When we arrived in Venice on the Westerdam earlier this month we were docked at #117 (on the left hand side of the map). Even with luggage, it was only about a five minute walk from the ship to the water taxi dock.

e20d004b26e9ce8fe376170c7ec12cb2.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Cindy,

I've seen many of your posts over the years and have appreciated the depth of knowledge you display in your posts, so thank you very much for posting this image of the port of Venice. I'm doing a Celebrity Constellation cruise departing from Venice and wondered if you knew which terminal that Celebrity uses?

I'd be happy to discuss other Venice questions with you if you if you click the link on my name and send me an email. Thanks!

Walter

I'm doing a Celebrity Constellation cruise departing from Venice and wondered if you knew which terminal that Celebrity uses?

Celebrity use one of the berths at the Stazione Marittima cruise terminal in the picture.

It is under a mile walk to Piazzale Roma, the main entry point to Venice, or an expensive taxi fare to cover that mile - due to the taxi cartel - or one euro on the people mover which involves a walk either end, which I wouldn't want to do in heat with luggage.

The terminal is of course also served by vaporetti water buses and (hideously expensive) water taxis.

Sent from my iPad using Forums36defd2ffbe7162320fd7eb2716a8440.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
I've used the Alilaguna blue line from the airport to our hotel 5 min walk from San Marco, and from there to the cruise terminal.

The hotel was Fontana, from the San Zaccaria stop 5 min walk with no bridges and no stairs to cross. Cheaper than other options, leaves you right on the dock. The boats are geared towards passengers with luggage, with a special area for it.

Worth checking out this option:

http://www.alilaguna.it/en/linea-blu/map

Dani, could you say a little more about the hotel? I am looking at it as an option instead of staying by P. Roma, and wondered how nice it was. Thanks.

Dani, could you say a little more about the hotel? I am looking at it as an option instead of staying by P. Roma, and wondered how nice it was. Thanks.

We stayed in the Hilton Molina Stucky which i would recommend.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g187870-d239024-Reviews-Hotel_Fontana-Venice_Veneto.html

http://www.hotelfontana.it/en/

The location is excellent, from the point of view of a cruiser. Alilaguna - Airport to hotel, 3-5 min walk no bridges, no stairs, and then the same Alilaguna to the cruise terminal, and then 3 min easy walk to ship.

Clean, family run hotel, with elevator. Nothing fancy, but it was 5* for us - budget wise.

It was amazing to wake up in the morning, and have Venice to ourselves, see the locals go about their business. Magic. Beside the travel from airport to hotel to cruise terminal, we simply walked everywhere.

If I remember correctly, 2 years ago we paid 150 Euro per night, including b'fast and free wi-fi. Booked directly with the hotel, received 10% off the rate for paying cash.

I've since recommended the hotel to several CC members, and, after checking Google maps that indeed, you don't have to cross any bridge or stairs to get from San Zaccaria stop to the hotel, many booked the hotel and came back to say "thanks" :D.

I'm attaching the hotel's link, and also my review on TripAdvisor.

Feel free to ask any other questions you might have.

It was our fifth visit to Venice, but the only one where we stayed in the city. The other visits were land based visits with car, and we stayed in Mestre. HUGE difference, we'll never again stay outside Venice....

It seems that the link didn't work, so I've just copied the review...

“Unbelievable location and wonderful stay”

Reviewed July 23, 2014

We've booked Fontana for a 2 nights' stay pre-cruise, mainly because its location on the Alilaguna Blue Line and its affordable price. Turns out it was a brilliant choice.

From the airport directly to the S. Zaccaria stop, and then, we simply couldn't believe it, 3 min walk to the hotel, no steps and no bridges to cross.

This hotel enjoys the benefits of being right in the middle of action, while located in a quite square. 5 min walk to S. Marco, 20 min to Rialto Bridge. We walked everywhere.

The room (for Venice, that's it) and bathroom were very spacious and spotless clean, with a variety of amenities. The breakfast was included and was various and tasty. The staff - very friendly and helpful.

After our short stay, we walked again to the S. Zaccaria stop and took the Alilaguna Blue Line to the ship terminal. Less than half an hour later, we found ourselves right near our ship, no hassle and no fuss, for 8 Euro pp.

Excellent location and stay, what more can u desire? Much recommended.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g187870-d239024-r217180997-Hotel_Fontana-Venice_Veneto.html#

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g187870-d239024-Reviews-Hotel_Fontana-Venice_Veneto.html

The location is excellent, from the point of view of a cruiser. Alilaguna - Airport to hotel, 3-5 min walk no bridges, no stairs, and then the same Alilaguna to the cruise terminal, and then 3 min easy walk to ship.

Clean, family run hotel, with elevator. Nothing fancy, but it was 5* for us - budget wise.

It was amazing to wake up in the morning, and have Venice to ourselves, see the locals go about their business. Magic. Beside the travel from airport to hotel to cruise terminal, we simply walked everywhere.

If I remember correctly, 2 years ago we paid 150 Euro per night, including b'fast and free wi-fi. Booked directly with the hotel, received 10% off the rate for paying cash.

I've since recommended the hotel to several CC members, and, after checking Google maps that indeed, you don't have to cross any bridge or stairs to get from San Zaccaria stop to the hotel, many booked the hotel and came back to say "thanks" :D.

It was our fifth visit to Venice, but the only one where we stayed in the city. The other visits were land based visits with car, and we stayed in Mestre. HUGE difference, we'll never again stay outside Venice....

Good info.

Thank you so much for the info. We had booked the Olimpia by P. Roma, but after your information I am going to switch to Hotel Fontana, or possible another hotel near the San Zaccaria stop. I really want to be in the city center but want easy transport with luggage. This is perfect.

Thank you so much for the info. We had booked the Olimpia by P. Roma, but after your information I am going to switch to Hotel Fontana, or possible another hotel near the San Zaccaria stop. I really want to be in the city center but want easy transport with luggage. This is perfect.

We stayed in hotel ca doga which was next to the drop off square.

Room was lovely but no lifts but at €330 per night bb it was expensive.