Just got off of the Breeze: 5/14/2017-5/21/2017

• 1 month later...
Thanks for the well written review. How do you get the FTTF pass?

Go into your cruise manager on Carnival and it's one of the excursions listed for your cruise. I think it's a homeport excursion. It says $59.99 per person but only one person needs to buy it, it will cover everyone in the cabin. It includes priority boarding, priority tendering, VIP line at guest services, and you can go straight to your cabin when you board. Some criticize it and say it's a waste of money, but I love it. When I book a cruise the first thing my husband and kids ask is if I got FTTF. We especially love passing all the long lines at embarkation and walking right on board. It makes me feel like loyalty lol. :D

Big Thanks for the detailed review BrotherCraig. Our next cruise will be our second on Breeze, my favorite Carnival ship.

Customs: I understand it's apparently just an issue with returning from Belize, but it reminded me of our last two disasters returning to Fort Lauderdale. Customs at Port Everglades doesn't seem to need any excuse at all for taking forever to clear a crowd through.

Thought of another CON:

The Coffee Shop on board (pay) is now Starbucks coffee. Really loved the coffee from that coffee shop before. Sad that they are now brewing Starbucks coffee. ...

Yea...that really wasn't needed. I wonder why on earth they went with Starbucks. ...

i was wondering if you were going to mention that! The coffee bar is my weakness (along with pictures) I dont drink SB coffee! ...

LOL... this is only funny coz I'm not a fan of Starbucks either, and it's amazing to find three folks in the same thread who feel likewise. But the news itself is not "lol" at all. They had great coffee before. Why mess up a good thing???

This will be our first cruise out of Galveston (we sailed Breeze out of Miami before), so thanks especially for the port info.

Just got off the Breeze. My first cruise in 12 years. It was pretty good. Schwartz the cruise director was out of this world amazing. Food and service was average at best. I tipped 2 to 5 bucks for every drink mostly always at the tequila pool bar and alchemy. Never much thanks or recognizing my name. I'm gonna post a whole review. How do I post my pics?

Yea....that must be the problem....???? I guess the Belize Cruisers are putting all the bags in different zones!?! Exactly what are the "Belize Cruises"???

No....this port is a mess in so many ways. I understand that it is extremely convenient for the Texas people, but if New Orleans can handle the cruisers, then I don't see any reason why Galveston can't get their act together.

I also don't like the car rental situation there. The price is off the charts getting a car from Houston or vice versa.

It's a shame....because I really do love the Breeze.

Glad you had a great cruise!

Don't care for the alcohol Shakedown either...And I not a Texas Resident!!

We will be going on the Breeze in 3 weeks. On our last cruise they had weekly deals once on board for the wifi/internet packages. But now I'm seeing a 15% discount if you order it online ahead of time which they didn't offer last time. I'm wondering if they are getting rid of the weekly discount in lieu of the online pre-purchase option. I would prefer the weekly deal because it's still cheaper but I'm not sure they still do it. Was it offered on your cruise?