Just got off of the Breeze: 5/14/2017-5/21/2017

This is what the interior cabin that we had for the grandparents. We were on more of a budget this cruise so we opted for one balcony and an interior across the hall. Not really in the room that much anyways. The grandparents are my dad and my mother-in-law. No together or anything -- so we put a sheet up between the beds with magnets to hold it up. Worked out perfectly.

Cabin 2308

ry%3D400

Edited by BrotherCraig

Here we are at the Main Dining Room for our first night. We had Table 501. Corner -- window. We were fortunate enough to have the other corner on the Magic and loved it. We got very lucky with this one again. Great when you have small children and want a little more privacy.

ry%3D400

Thought of another CON:

The Coffee Shop on board (pay) is now Starbucks coffee. Really loved the coffee from that coffee shop before. Sad that they are now brewing Starbucks coffee. Rather have the free coffee on board than that.

i was wondering if you were going to mention that! The coffee bar is my weakness (along with pictures) I dont drink SB coffee!

Did yall do the HUB app texting? it worked just fine for us last year on the Breeze, but now i see so many have issues with it. We'll see how it is in August

i was wondering if you were going to mention that! The coffee bar is my weakness (along with pictures) I dont drink SB coffee!

Did yall do the HUB app texting? it worked just fine for us last year on the Breeze, but now i see so many have issues with it. We'll see how it is in August

Yes, not a Starbucks fan either. We have Starbucks inside of our workplace, FREE, and I don't even drink it. Rather have the coffee pot coffee in the kitchens. lol

Yes, we had HUB app on 3 phones ($5 per) and the chat was useful. Didn't use it as much as we thought we would but it came in handy. As for internet packages, biggest waste of money. Rarely worked and took hours to upload a single picture on either package.

I'm a single taking his 7 and 12 year old daughters on the Breeze. Cozumel, Jamaica, Caymen. What's the coolest port thing to do?want a beach day ( maybe passion island cozumel)( turtle farm GC). Jamaica is the hard one.... Dolphins? Tour? Beach? Whatcha think?

Only been to Montego Bay Jamaica once and Grand Cayman a couple of times. We just went to Doctor's Cave Beach in Montego Bay for a beach day. Nice beach, great food and service, and only $6 to get in. Close to port so it worked best for us with the kids. For Grand Cayman, we always went to Seven Mile Beach and hung out there. Free beach. $5 ride over. A lot of folks love the Stingrays so they do that. Cozumel - Highly recommend Chankanaab along with the Dolphin Encounter there with kids that age. We just did that on Tuesday last week for the first time and it was excellent.

I spoke to the Port Authority folks and a couple of the porters there -- they said it was mostly cruise folks on the Belize cruises. Always a mess for some reason. We were on the Magic in 2015 to the Caymans and it was easy compared to this last one. They need to figure something out. Customs only had half the lanes open.

I'm glad you said that because I started thinking about our November cruise and how we need to get on the road quickly (long drive). When we cruised on the Magic out of Galveston, it was so quick to get off, but it wasn't a Belize cruise at that time either. Must be some truth to what you were told.

We fell in love with Roatan also, and I'm curious as to what you do at that port?

Almost there! Goes quick! Have a great cruise!!! Love the Breeze!

Thanks my brothacraig. I was looking at Dr Caves beach. I want one extreme excursion one ofor the ports. Turtle farm is our GC spot for sure. Leaning more towards Passion Island in Coz. Who knows. Maybe we will just have another beach day. I'll ask the girls if they wanna swim with the dolphins or have another beach day. Hell, if they want another beach day we will eat at the steakhouse 5 nights. Lol

I'm glad you said that because I started thinking about our November cruise and how we need to get on the road quickly (long drive). When we cruised on the Magic out of Galveston, it was so quick to get off, but it wasn't a Belize cruise at that time either. Must be some truth to what you were told.

We fell in love with Roatan also, and I'm curious as to what you do at that port?

We love going with Rony Tours and head to West Bay Beach. Most beautiful beach in the Western Caribbean and the snorkeling from the beach there is amazing. This time, we hung out at the Infinity Bay Resort for $17 per person. The pool, the service, the beach, and facilities was just amazing all around. We went shopping at a local market as well. We were there last year as well and we spend part of the day at BananaRama resort for $10 per person on West Bay Beach, went to West End Village for shopping, saw the monkeys, shopped at the local markets, etc. Always a great time.

Yea....that must be the problem....???? I guess the Belize Cruisers are putting all the bags in different zones!?! Exactly what are the "Belize Cruises"???

No....this port is a mess in so many ways. I understand that it is extremely convenient for the Texas people, but if New Orleans can handle the cruisers, then I don't see any reason why Galveston can't get their act together.

I also don't like the car rental situation there. The price is off the charts getting a car from Houston or vice versa.

It's a shame....because I really do love the Breeze.

Glad you had a great cruise!

We sailed out of Galveston three years ago (and will be again in June). Same issue with the Belize itinerary. Has something to do with Customs needing increased inspection when the ship stops at Belize. (High drug trafficking or something.....).

For parking, we used Park n Cruise and it is very convenient. Covered and uncovered parking available and it is directly across the street from the port. No need to wait for a shuttle, taxi, etc.

We love going with Rony Tours and head to West Bay Beach. Most beautiful beach in the Western Caribbean and the snorkeling from the beach there is amazing. This time, we hung out at the Infinity Bay Resort for $17 per person. The pool, the service, the beach, and facilities was just amazing all around. We went shopping at a local market as well. We were there last year as well and we spend part of the day at BananaRama resort for $10 per person on West Bay Beach, went to West End Village for shopping, saw the monkeys, shopped at the local markets, etc. Always a great time.

Enjoying your review. We have been to Roatan several times and done LFK, ziplinning, tours, etc. Could you please explain Infinity Bay Resort? Where is it and what did you do for transportation? Did you call beforehand to arrange your day or did you just show up?

Thanks.

We sailed out of Galveston three years ago (and will be again in June). Same issue with the Belize itinerary. Has something to do with Customs needing increased inspection when the ship stops at Belize. (High drug trafficking or something.....).

Neither cruise that I took out of Galveston stopped in Belize. And debarkation was a mess. I give it up to the porters though...they are terrific!

Thanks for your review. We did a B2B on the Breeze out of Miami and will be back on the Breeze in July doing this same itinerary. We have four other friends coming with us that will be on their first cruise. Looking forward to it.

Going on the Breeze on July 2nd and getting our 1st cove balcony! After seeing these photos I'm really excited!!

talafa, we are on the same cruise as you...:):cool::)

BrotherCraig, did you make arrangements with Infinity Bay Resort in advance? If so, how did you contact them?

We'd like to visit Daniel Johnson's and then the beach, I assume Rony's Tours can do that?

I'm so excited for your review. We leave in two weeks. We are also parking with Lighthouse. Was there a hypnotist on the breeze?

There was one show with one that I remember seeing in the Fun Times but didn't make it that one. We rarely make the shows because of the kids.

Lighthouse Parking has been very good to us the last couple of cruises.

Enjoying your review. We have been to Roatan several times and done LFK, ziplinning, tours, etc. Could you please explain Infinity Bay Resort? Where is it and what did you do for transportation? Did you call beforehand to arrange your day or did you just show up?

Thanks.

Infinity Bay Resort is located right on West Bay Beach on Roatan. West Bay Beach is the main beach on Roatan and ranked as one of the most beautiful in the world. We love it. Anyways, Infinity Bay is also right next door to the Cruise ship's private beach area on West Bay Beach called Tabyana Beach Break. Great snorkeling in front of there. We always use Rony Tours for a private driver for the day. Take us wherever we want and arrange everything.

Here are some pictures of Infinity Bay Resort. They charged us $17 per person to get in and we use of the facilities. They have a restaurant and bar right there on the beach and enormous pool. We were the only ones in the pool and there were around 40 people total that we saw at the resort.

Grandma (nana) at the beach.

ry%3D400

This is the resort:

f13bbfe0-0270-49ce-a447-5b81faab4782

18739120_1828530994133899_247940683793736603_o.jpg?oh=88822e34b57eb3c4648c128b635cb985&oe=59AD0CC3

Giant pool.

18882304_1828530987467233_2606673468331882375_n.jpg?oh=8156574c3e9d9c61757006cc8c7f383f&oe=59E926CD

18768610_1828530990800566_3760259112915175030_o.jpg?oh=2139abdcf91271e7e7e72bf48ca9656c&oe=59AF7B2A

BrotherCraig, did you make arrangements with Infinity Bay Resort in advance? If so, how did you contact them?

We'd like to visit Daniel Johnson's and then the beach, I assume Rony's Tours can do that?

All through Rony Tours. Yes, Rony can take care of all of it. You just let them know where you want to go and they will get you there. They have always been outstanding.

http://ronystours.com/ronys-private-tour/

Last year, we did this same itinerary and went to Bananarama. It was only $10 to get and had an amazing time but wanted something a little closer to the snorkeling area and something that had a nice pool. We have been looking at Infinity Bay for years and looked at buying a condo there so we were already familiar with it.

First night in the MDR:

Met the servers and they were the best we have ever had. They are so good with kids at Carnival and the staff we had just raised the bar. Ronald was the main server and I can't remember the woman but she was awesome. My daughter still talks about her. This was dessert:

18768528_1828535807466751_6835048612624326342_o.jpg?oh=42f596bcad4216d8d02d0743ff199729&oe=59A1CF9F

And the famous Chocolate Melting Cake or something like that:

18880011_1828535810800084_3521357735482625261_o.jpg?oh=75a9e8caf0d4a10aa2c3201496e1eda4&oe=59B3C843

We always enjoyed dinner in the MDR. It was Mother's Day as well so all of the ladies at dinner that night received flowers. I very kind gesture by Carnival. The food was very good and we always found something that we liked. Some of us would order two or three entrees. Even the kids would order off the adult menu and also get something from the Children's Menu (pizza, chicken nuggets, french fries). I rarely had room for dessert but always had it. None of us ever left anything on the plates.

We have not once eaten in the Lido Marketplace other than my dad grabbing an egg omelet from the station there. Just not big on Buffets.