Havana Cabana or Havana Aft-View Extended Balcony?

My husband and I are thinking about booking a cruise on the Vista, in 2019, when it will be sailing out of Galveston. I already know I want to book a room in the Havana area. We really like that we will have access to the Havana pool during the day and kids under 12 are not allowed.

Now the question is, Havana Cabana or Havana Aft-View Extended Balcony? We can't decide. I think the cabanas are so cute, but they don't seem that private. I don't think privacy would be a huge issue though. What are your thoughts?

Both are awesome options!! But I would tend toward the aft... not only for the privacy factor, but the superior aft view... in my opinion you can't beat the aft view! The cabanas are really cool, but I think I would get sick of the people walking by.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Both are awesome options!! But I would tend toward the aft... not only for the privacy factor, but the superior aft view... in my opinion you can't beat the aft view! The cabanas are really cool, but I think I would get sick of the people walking by. Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We had Havana Aft-Extended Balcony 7456 and LOVED IT!

We had an aft extended Havana balcony recently on the Vista. Normally we would spend about 3 hours a day on our balcony. That week of vacation, we may have spent 3 hours TOTAL all week on our balcony. We spent all our time in the Havana area, the pool and hot tubs were awesome, we enjoyed the loungers too. It was nice and peaceful back there. It was the one time I feel we actually wasted our money on a balcony cabin. I actually said to my husband that I would do an interior Havana cabin next time and he agreed!! BTW, we have never done anything but a balcony room.

We had an aft extended Havana balcony recently on the Vista. Normally we would spend about 3 hours a day on our balcony. That week of vacation, we may have spent 3 hours TOTAL all week on our balcony. We spent all our time in the Havana area, the pool and hot tubs were awesome, we enjoyed the loungers too. It was nice and peaceful back there. It was the one time I feel we actually wasted our money on a balcony cabin. I actually said to my husband that I would do an interior Havana cabin next time and he agreed!! BTW, we have never done anything but a balcony room.

Hmm... maybe an interior room then...

Sent from my SM-G930P using Forums mobile app

We had a havana cabana. Absolutely loved it. The location is amazing. Walk from your personal lanai, and a few steps later you are at the havana pool/lounges/bar. To just be able to walk from your cabin without even going indoor was pretty cool. We spent countless hours on our lanai. I'd walk about 15 steps to the Havana bar for a cocktail or for coffee in the morning, then sit on my swinging chair and watch the water glide by.

As far as privacy, do you meet your immediate neighbors, yes. But I think we only saw them on mornings when we were pulling into port (amazing views of docking from this vantage point) or when we were sailing away. No worries at all at night. I don't think I saw anyone on any of the evenings out there. Just really cool experience.

I have a Havana Cabana booked on the Horizon when i first saw them i told my PVP to book one for me as soon as they become available we don't mind neighbors but we like the idea of having a special place to retreat to after a long day at port.clear.png?emoji-cool-1690

We were in room 5231 on Vista in January, pics of the room and balcony are in my review (link is in my signature). We loved being able to just walk from our room, out onto our patio, and into the Havana area. For that reason alone I would choose a Havana room on deck 5 over those on the higher decks.

Also, DH and I agreed that in the future, a Havana interior room would be fine for us. I spent maybe 4 or 5 hours on our patio, that was it....the rest of the time I was in the Havana pool/deck area. It is awesome.

We were in room 5231 on Vista in January, pics of the room and balcony are in my review (link is in my signature). We loved being able to just walk from our room, out onto our patio, and into the Havana area. For that reason alone I would choose a Havana room on deck 5 over those on the higher decks.

Also, DH and I agreed that in the future, a Havana interior room would be fine for us. I spent maybe 4 or 5 hours on our patio, that was it....the rest of the time I was in the Havana pool/deck area. It is awesome.

Thanks!! Do the sliding glass doors lock on their own; and do you have to go through the inside to get to the front door to get inside the cabin, if so?

Yeah, I think we may be leaning towards the cabana. Does anyone have pictures or know what the view is like from the little cabana porch?

there are plenty videos of the Havana Cabanas or aft Cabanas on YOUTUBE on the Vista

Thanks!! Do the sliding glass doors lock on their own; and do you have to go through the inside to get to the front door to get inside the cabin, if so?

They lock on their own, and there is a sensor thing on your patio that you hold a special card (left in your cabin for you in an envelope on embarkation day) in front of to unlock the sliding door with if you want to enter your room from your patio. I wish your regular S&S card opened the patio door, but oh well.

Sent from my XT1585 using Forums mobile app

We had a deck 6 Havana aft wrap-we didn't use it as much as we thought we would- it was very sunny and warm. Also, several days we noticed a lot of soot-we tried to keep up with cleaning the deck but were not very successful. Surprised the room attendant did not attempt to do any cleaning on our balcony nor the 2 next to ours( traveled as a group). It was nice to open all 3 balconies and walk to each others rooms. My sister ruined a pair white shorts after sitting on deck chair -the soot didn't come out in the wash.:(

We would not go on Carnival again unless it was in Havana room. My sister stayed in Havana interior and also noted she spent a lot of time in the Havana area and didn't miss a balcony at all (also, saved $$ being an interior room).:D

Paula

They lock on their own, and there is a sensor thing on your patio that you hold a special card (left in your cabin for you in an envelope on embarkation day) in front of to unlock the sliding door with if you want to enter your room from your patio. I wish your regular S&S card opened the patio door, but oh well.

Sent from my XT1585 using Forums mobile app

Ahh! Thank you for the info!

We had a deck 6 Havana aft wrap-we didn't use it as much as we thought we would- it was very sunny and warm. Also, several days we noticed a lot of soot-we tried to keep up with cleaning the deck but were not very successful. Surprised the room attendant did not attempt to do any cleaning on our balcony nor the 2 next to ours( traveled as a group). It was nice to open all 3 balconies and walk to each others rooms. My sister ruined a pair white shorts after sitting on deck chair -the soot didn't come out in the wash.:(

We would not go on Carnival again unless it was in Havana room. My sister stayed in Havana interior and also noted she spent a lot of time in the Havana area and didn't miss a balcony at all (also, saved $$ being an interior room).:D

Paula

Is soot a normal problem in aft balcony rooms?

Paula

In that case I am really glad I swapped out our Deck 6 aft wrap balcony for a Havana Cabana cabin to save a few hundred bucks! I hate it when there is soot on the balcony!