Coffee machines

bellemere

Peregrina, You are a wealth of knowledge. Thank you! Is the coffee that you brew yourself in cabin STRONG?? I like a good cup of dark strong coffee to wake me up. (Or should I seek out bringing Pauling pods for French Roast)

Someone else will have to answer this one. I never used the machine in my cabin.

How is the quality of the coffee in the various dining venues? I realize tastes vary, but many passengers on Crystal agree that the coffee served in the MDR is disappointing. Hopefully we will be more impressed by the coffee on Viking.

How is the quality of the coffee in the various dining venues? I realize tastes vary, but many passengers on Crystal agree that the coffee served in the MDR is disappointing. Hopefully we will be more impressed by the coffee on Viking.

I'm a morning coffee drinker (decaf only, I'm sorry to say) and I found the breakfast coffee in the MDR to be down-right terrible--watery and bitter. I started swinging by the Deck 1 bar to get what I wanted and carrying it into breakfast with me. Coffee in the World Cafe was much better even though it comes from the push-button machine but I still prefer the fresh-ground coffee creations available from the big espresso machine in the bars (because they are such a treat for me).

I personally thought the coffee in the coffee maker (the pods) was very strong. I had to add multiple creamers. I even tried using the largest cup setting, but that backfired, as the coffee almost ran over the edge of the cup! The second time I made coffee I used the next largest cup setting. There was no hot chocolate or tea with the coffee pods - just 2 types of regular and 1 type of decaf. You might be able to get a package of hot chocolate in the World Cafe and use the room coffee maker to heat water, but I'm not sure. For tea of course, there's always the afternoon tea at 4, although I'm not positive it's done on port days.

The cappucinos at the Viking (coffee) Bar often come with a cool design. On our last day, the barista made a teddy bear that he said was waving at me to say goodbye! It was beautiful. The regular coffee there was better than what I made in the room, but I still considered it a little strong for MY taste. I'm just not a Starbucks lover. But there's real milk or cream at the Viking Bar, so that's better than using the little creamers in your room.