Skagway shore excursions

nicoleslp

We are having a hard time choosing between white pass scenic railway or experience yukon and suspension bridge tour. We will have a 5 year old with us. Any thoughts as to which one would be better?

Don't know which one is better. We're doing the mushers camp & dog sled if your young one likes dogs? Which ever one you do I'm sure all of you will enjoy it.

Allan

I would definitely choose something with the train. The suspension bridge was created just for tourists. We took the bus / train combo with a sled dog cart ride tour with Chilkoot Tours and it was great. That may be a little long with a 5 yr old ( almost 8 hrs). They have shorter bus / train options and you get 2 different perspectives from the bus and train.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We just did the "train up, bus back" 3.5 hour scenic railway tour. It was amazing!! I know when my kids were 5 that's all they would have been able to handle before wanting to go back to the ship's pool! We booked with Chilkoot directly and got to sit in the caboose, which I believe provided the best views.

Have a great trip!

I vote for the Yukon Carcross experience.

• you travel further North.
  • there is more to do in Caribou crossing.
  • if your ship includes Vancouver... there are several suspension bridge opportunities.
    -Capilano (includes Cliffwalk & Treetop adventures)
    -Lynn Valley
    -SkyPilot
    -Whistler (coming soon)

rvbqT7ox7UM GGr_WN6hSRM

Our family did a Yukon excursion through Frontier Excursions and it was awesome! We did go to the Suspension Bridge and we all had a lot of fun there - they even stamped our passport. Then onto the musher camp with the puppies - so adorable. We also went to the world's smallest dessert and Caribou Crossing. Our amazing guide JJ gave us lost of great information and was always available to take family photos for us. Our friends did the train and they enjoyed it, but I loved being able to stop where ever we wanted to get the perfect pics.

We are going to Alaska in August (this time with friends) and we are going with Frontier Excursions again.

involve your child in the decision. ANY of these choice could be the right one for you. Everyone is different, with it unknown what your group is going to find the most rewarding to experience.

We did this excursion with Frontier Excursions last week and it was awesome! Candace was our driver and she was great and very funny. I took over 300 photos and we even saw two bears munching on dandelions on the side of the road. Great tour!!!

Bring a jacket... it gets cold at the higher elevations.