Changing a cruise booked with a future cruise credit.

tinybiny

I have a cruise booked for next year for 2, each booked with a future cruise credit. I bought an extra set of future cruise credits at the time (2 for me and 2 for my husband). I may need to change the cruise date, which can put me on a different ship/itinerary. I transferred the credits to my TA. What I need to know is, do I just book an entirely new reservation using the other 2 cruise credits that I haven't used, yet? If so, what becomes of the 2 that I already used, but may end up cancelling?

Also, I just noticed in my account that one of us has $150 OBC and the other has $115 OBC from Princess. I thought we would both get $150 for a 7 day cruise by using the future cruise credit.

I have a cruise booked for next year for 2, each booked with a future cruise credit. I bought an extra set of future cruise credits at the time (2 for me and 2 for my husband). I may need to change the cruise date, which can put me on a different ship/itinerary. I transferred the credits to my TA. What I need to know is, do I just book an entirely new reservation using the other 2 cruise credits that I haven't used, yet? If so, what becomes of the 2 that I already used, but may end up cancelling?

Also, I just noticed in my account that one of us has $150 OBC and the other has $115 OBC from Princess. I thought we would both get $150 for a 7 day cruise by using the future cruise credit.

When you cancel the cruise the Future Cruise Deposits go back into your accounts as unused. They can be used at anytime up to the expiration date.

There is one exception, if the cruise you cancel has a non-refundable deposit then you potentially lose the FCD's. When I did just that my T.A. was able to get the FDC's applied to the new cruise. We did the cancellation and the new booking at the same time.

By the way the FDC's are not really transferred to yourT.A. Your T.A. just had them applied. They always remain in your account and you can see them on line in your Captain's Circle account.

The amount of OBC for the FCD is based on number of days and cat. of cabin according to this chart

Future Cruise Length Per Person Shipboard Credit*

17 - 44 Days $125 Inside, $125 Outside, $150 Balcony, $150 Suite

11 - 16 Days $75 Inside, $75 Outside, $100 Balcony, $100 Suite

7 - 10 Days $25 Inside, $25 Outside, $50 Balcony, $50 Suite

3 - 6 Days $15 Inside, $15 Outside, $25 Balcony, $25 Suite

Sounds to me that you are adding different OBC's together and thinking is is all from the future cruise deposit.

Now that I've looked at it again, I think I just mixed up a bunch of info for this cruise and a past cruise. Does it only show my info and I'll need to make an account for husband to see his? I am seeing:

Applied Totals

Cruise Credits $100

Onboard credits $50

balance totals

Cruise credits $100

Onboard credits $15

Thanks for the info on the future cruise credit. It wasn't a non refundable deposit. I'll expect it to go back to my account if I do have to change my dates.

I think what you're looking at under Balance Totals is the deposit value of your FCD and the minimum OBC that the FCD could generate.

That's what it appears to be because in the Cruise Personalizer's Credits & Payments tab it lists these types of OBCs in my wife & my names.

Military Benefits

Travel Agent Grp Promotion*

Onboard Sales Promotion*

Onboard Credit Promotion*

The * is for non-refundable complimentary OBC with the "Onboard Sales Promotion" being the OBC issued for using the FCD.

This morning the display for My Princess has changed so I'm still learning about the changes which now includes a Help section explaining more details about the credits system.

The difference for the OP could be that one of them has the Military Benefits which shows the $50 minimum amount like the FCD shows the minimum $15 of OBC. Add the $100 for the deposit amount & that may account for the different amounts in the Circle Savings Account...$150 & $115.

Edited by Astro Flyer

Now that I've looked at it again, I think I just mixed up a bunch of info for this cruise and a past cruise. Does it only show my info and I'll need to make an account for husband to see his? I am seeing:

Applied Totals

Cruise Credits $100

Onboard credits $50

balance totals

Cruise credits $100

Onboard credits $15

Thanks for the info on the future cruise credit. It wasn't a non refundable deposit. I'll expect it to go back to my account if I do have to change my dates.

Yes, your husband needs his own account to view his credit history but the Cruise Personalizer's Payments & Credits tab should display each of your OBCs when viewing your cruise reservation.

In My Princess under Future Cruise Credits the amount is $0.00 because my 3 FCDs have been used (minimum OBC would be shown as $15 if I had an available FCD). Under Onboard Credits it shows $50.00 which is my minimum amount of Military Benefits OBC ($50 to $250 depending upon length of cruise.

Edited by Astro Flyer