Luggage tags question

DimSum

Hello.

I did the web check in and included in the paperwork are these paper luggage tags you can put on your luggage prior to getting to the port. Did anyone put on these paper tags on? Seems like the paper can easily rip IMO.

DH thinks it's a waste of time and should just let the agents do it when we get to the port.

But I'm nervous about losing our luggage.

Any thoughts? Should I go a tag our luggage?

Sent from my ASUS_Z00XS using Forums mobile app

Our first cruise, I laminated and zip tied them. Then I ordered plastic sleeves from cruise critic's store that work great. There are other less expensive options from other online vendors. If you have time, you could acquire some

That being said, many people staple or tape the tags on and it seems to work.

Happy cruising!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

You can have the tags ready to attach - the guys at embarkation will attach them for you, if you're concerned. Though there's no need to be - they're pretty robust once the paper's been folded.

We have the plastic holders but have never seen the need to use them.

We have cruised 10+ times and never had a problem Once you triple fold them as instructed they work fine. Simply put them on once you get to the port. (If flying don't put them on prior to flight.) Also what I do for my comfort level is I put two on each bag so that if one comes off another is there. Just a suggestion!

You NEVER want to put them on prior to the flight. The cruiseline luggage tags have a bar code as does your airline luggage tags. No use having the automated luggage sorter at the airport getting confused with more than one bar code. And yes, before anyone mentions it, I realize the bar codes are different. But why take a chance?

I've always just stapled mine several times and never had any issues.

Bret

Hello.

I did the web check in and included in the paperwork are these paper luggage tags you can put on your luggage prior to getting to the port. Did anyone put on these paper tags on? Seems like the paper can easily rip IMO.

DH thinks it's a waste of time and should just let the agents do it when we get to the port.

But I'm nervous about losing our luggage.

Any thoughts? Should I go a tag our luggage?

Sent from my ASUS_Z00XS using Forums mobile app

We never had a problem , just staple them 6-7 staples .