Cozumel

whitetail446

My daughter and I did the Amazing Race Cozumel in April. It was hot and exhausting for the 2 of us ( I'm 57, she 25) to run through the streets of Coumel, but it was the most fun I had with my daughter in quite a few years.

They let you team up with as many in a group as you want. We even had 2 seperate groups of 2 people team up who didn't even know each other before the race. It's just like the tv show, except only one city. They give you clues and a map to run around and find other clues, eventually ending up at the finish line (restaurant) for food and drink. Must have walked/run 3 miles that afternoon.

If you want to be competitive and "go for the gold", you can. But everybody is a winner in the end with just having fun. It was educational too.

Never done Mr Sanchos... always looks so crowded. I always do Nachi Cocom. Since they only allow like 120 people in, it is a lot less crowded

Even when Mr Sanchos is sold out it's not crowded. We went the last time in March and you couldn't enter without a reservation. They didn't accept any pay as you go people and they opened up both sides to AI. It was perfect. Service was excellent as usual, plenty of tables and loungers, no wait for anything. There is a lot of space so you're not crammed in at all. Don't let appearances fool you.

My daughter and I did the Amazing Race Cozumel in April. It was hot and exhausting for the 2 of us ( I'm 57, she 25) to run through the streets of Coumel, but it was the most fun I had with my daughter in quite a few years.....

So happy to hear this! Our family is doing this in October!

Next cruise we're going back to Nachi Cocom to relax. (4th time, mind you....)

The first time, we went on the Talum ruins excursion which takes ALL day. I'm glad we went, but, don't need to again.

Keep in mind Cozumel is not on the main land.

Have fun!

I'm still trying to decide between Nachi Cocom and Mr Sanchos on my first cruise in October. I think I'll just do a coin flip since I have 2 more cruises booked after that and will be back to Cozumel on both.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

In my opinion, Mr Sanchos is a more laid back. Ive been twice, and its never seemed full.Food is good, so were the drinks.Plenty of shade, which I need. I have never used the pool, but others enjoy it. You don't have to worry about ppl wanting to sell to you while your lounging.

Not much for little ones to do other than play in the sand or pool. But, maybe they have added something since Ive been there.

We have just gone out to the taxi stand at the port area & taken a taxi tour. It was an inexpensive way to see the island. He took us to some of the same bars as were on the bar hop tour & several other places of interest. You can customize your own tour that way. Cost was about $50 for 2 of us.

I'm still trying to decide between Nachi Cocom and Mr Sanchos on my first cruise in October. I think I'll just do a coin flip since I have 2 more cruises booked after that and will be back to Cozumel on both.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We have been to both multiple times and have to say they are the same except the main difference we saw was the food at Nachi is not even remotely close to Mr Sancho. They crush Nachi! Last time we were there I had the whole fried fish and it was incredible!

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Forums mobile app

Cozumel Bar Hop...

Tour the 'other' side of the island.

Check out their website.

I've done that about a dozen times, great fun.

I prefer Mr. Sanchos over Nachi. Nachi's entrance is a bunch of weeds, couldn't get waited on, food was terrible. Many were complaining about the service and food the day I went. Chairs by pool are wrought iron and very uncomfortable. At Mr. Sanchos I was given drink after drink and the food was great.

Check out Chankanaab Park. http://www.cozumelparks.com/eng/chankanaab.cfm We have been several times and love it. There is a $2 off coupon on their web cite. It is only a short taxi ride from the ship.

"Chankanaab (word that comes from the Mayan language and means “little sea) is located inside Cozumel´s National Marine Park. Enjoy our beautiful beach park and spend your day either snorkeling or scuba diving while admiring schools of tropical fish, colorful reef and underwater statues. You can also enjoy a fresh hand-made tortilla at our Mayan casita, stop by the crocodile exhibition or the sea lion show, or perhaps relax with a massage in front of the lagoon that gives the park its name. These are only a few of the many activities you can enjoy at Chankanaab."