DO NOT BUY EFFY Jewelry on the cruise ship! NO RETURN policy and LIED to!!

Wizard-of-roz,

So well stated. I don't want a sales person following me around as I look at everything. I know the 4 c's of diamond. I know good jewelry from cheap.

My last purchase was a Effy ring. I am so proud of that ring. I am cruising to St. Thomas soon and will look for another ring. I do have 10 fingers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wizard-of-roz,

So well stated. I don't want a sales person following me around as I look at everything. I know the 4 c's of diamond. I know good jewelry from cheap.

My last purchase was a Effy ring. I am so proud of that ring. I am cruising to St. Thomas soon and will look for another ring. I do have 10 fingers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you know jewelry....you'll know that it's hard to differentiate "good" from "cheap"....if the quality of "the cheap" is good. I have (not exaggerating) a jewelry collection larger than most jewelry stores....ranging from extremely expensive to "the finest quality glass".

I live in NYC, right by the diamond exchange....which I visit way too often. There's one pendant made of silver/cz that I own.....a very unique design. I paid $49 for it about 15 years ago. Every time I wear it to the jewelry exchange, at least one diamond dealer wants to "buy it" from me. (I never tell them what it really is.)

And DH has "a Rolex" that our Rolex authorized dealer thought was a Rolex.

My point is...you cannot eyeball something and be sure of what it really is unless you have a jewelers loupe and a gem analyzer with you.

If I like it....I buy it. But, I have to trust the merchant. (BTW....we bargain...especially on the ship...because we know we are overpaying)

As far as OP....I think there was a communications gap. She assumed the guarantee covered "all earrings that looked the same" and the sales rep assumed that the OP understood "the same earrings" meant the same Effy product number.

If the OP isn't comparing pricing on the exact same pair of Effing earings that her husband bought for her, she might find that the price is not that much different, if at all. She can't fairly compare hers with something similar of another brand. OTOH she may have been. It's just a shame that she's let this cast shade on a really nice gift that her husband bought for her. Sometimes it's just better not to go digging around for bargains after the fact. Kinda ruins the moment.

If the OP isn't comparing pricing on the exact same pair of Effing earings that her husband bought for her, she might find that the price is not that much different, if at all. She can't fairly compare hers with something similar of another brand. OTOH she may have been. It's just a shame that she's let this cast shade on a really nice gift that her husband bought for her. Sometimes it's just better not to go digging around for bargains after the fact. Kinda ruins the moment.

Yep. 100 % agree

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

My husband bought me a beautiful pair of diamond earrings on the Splendor. We were told that they were much lower priced than we would find anywhere else. We were told that Effy would price match if we found earrings cheaper somewhere else. These were lies. After getting home I was able to find my earrings for $696 cheaper and they would not return them. They have a NO RETURN policy. BE FOREWARNED.

You got suckered in and is a lesson just learned.

I have some of the gold and 15 years later it's like new.

I am surprised. I have and anklet. I would wear it for a couple of months and all the gold would wear off. At least they did stand by their guarantee and replaced it. I bought it a while ago so maybe it has improved.

Every mall in America has gold by the inch. Buy it there for an easy exchange. Their lifetime warranty means that you will spend the rest of your lifetime getting it warrantied, so buy it from somewhere where it's easy to get done.

Very true if it's close but even that is kind of a pain. I haven't worn mine now for years so it's still like new. ;)

Quick question; is Effy a brand of jewelry, or the name of the store?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Effy is a brand of jewelry, AND the name of the stores. They usually have an Effy store in many of the ports the ships sail to. I buy my Effy jewelry at Macy's!

No one was suckered or deceived at all that I can see. They are not going to price match on a similar product made by a different manufacturer. That's nuts. If you find the EXACT same earrings made by EFFY then the price match would kick in. To think otherwise is foolish.

Edited by cruzeluver
spelling

• 5 years later...

take your jewelry to a local jewelry who does appraisals and have it appraised.  we bought a ring on NVL Bliss- not effy.  The designer was from India and runs his own Gem business there now.  I since ordered a custom made diamond rings - white and chocolate diamonds in an infinity pattern and we had it appraised.  It appraised several hundred  dollars more than what we paid. (we paid 1200 and it appraised at 1700.)  I don't get those people who go on a cruise, buy stuff, then complain about it.  don't buy anything if you are just going to complain.  We buy stuff we like, stuff you won't find elsewhere.  The cost be damned.  If you are worried about not getting value for your money, stay out of the shops.  Effy is a New York based company.  go visit them there.  

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, cliffs56 said:

take your jewelry to a local jewelry who does appraisals and have it appraised.  we bought a ring on NVL Bliss- not effy.  The designer was from India and runs his own Gem business there now.  I since ordered a custom made diamond rings - white and chocolate diamonds in an infinity pattern and we had it appraised.  It appraised several hundred  dollars more than what we paid. (we paid 1200 and it appraised at 1700.)  I don't get those people who go on a cruise, buy stuff, then complain about it.  don't buy anything if you are just going to complain.  We buy stuff we like, stuff you won't find elsewhere.  The cost be damned.  If you are worried about not getting value for your money, stay out of the shops.  Effy is a New York based company.  go visit them there.  

Lol, you realize you replied to a FIVE year old thread?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2