How far ahead do you make SAS transfer reservations?

bratj

I have a cruise in October, we are staying at one of the area hotels that SAS Transport services in Ft. Lauderdale and are going to the Port of Miami.

I was wondering how far - months? weeks? days? in advance is best to make my travel arrangements/reservations with SAS?

When you call their number, all the message says is look online for information and rates. Online there is no way (that I saw) to message them with specific questions. (that frustrates me.)

How are you supposed to call them when you get down there like I have read people do (like return port to airport) when all you get is the voice mail??

Also, we have a 12:05 pm flight after our cruise - is that enough time? What time should we request pick up from the port?

Sorry for all the questions, I haven't sailed in 5 years and then used the ships shuttle.

Thank you for your help!!

For a 12:05 flight you need to be at FLL by 10:30 -- 10:00 would be better as FLL TSA lines on busy days are a nightmare. Figure on the drive from POM to FLL taking about an hour, that translates into off the ship, with bags, clear of customs/immigration NLT 9:00. SAS will work, as will any of the other popular shuttles, along with UBER (about $40 for 2-3 plus bags).

If you are more than one person, and don't have a ton of luggage use an Uber. POM-FLL and FTL-POM will be around $35.00 with no tips needed, and a shorter more relaxing drive.

How much is the shuttle? Usually $15.00 a person.

Thank you - there are two of us, and several bags a piece. (10 day cruise.... with a woman, need I say more??)

Not to mention all the duty free stuff we manage to drag home with us! I had read that SAS and similar were less expensive and faster than cruise shuttles, but I have only had experience with cruise shuttles in the past.

Seems since we are flying in a day ahead of the cruise, Celebrity will not sell us a shuttle ticket, we have to show up and hope for an open seat. ?? That didn't seem very fair. TA was of no help - "because you aren't flying in that day" - ummm, I'll be back at the airport and will pretend I just got off an airplane.... Nope. Celebrity said they have never left anyone behind, but still- not very settling for planning!

I'm not comfortable with Uber - I guess it's our age. I'd rather a licensed/bonded service.

Coming back will be a tight fit - but hopefully- smooth. Otherwise it was a 4 pm flight. :o

T

I'm not comfortable with Uber - I guess it's our age. I'd rather a licensed/bonded service.

Coming back will be a tight fit - but hopefully- smooth. Otherwise it was a 4 pm flight. :o

Uber is a company worth an estimated 50 billion dollars. If something happened, I would rather fight Uber than a local van service.

I never have used any type of shuttle service before, so it all depends on the price. Are these bags large? Or a few smaller ones and one large one. Any Uber should be able to handle 2 large bags and a couple smaller ones and 2 people. You could always request an XL Uber for a bit more money.

Not sure how the shuttle services handle it either. But make sure to use one of the services that are often suggested on here like SAS.

Google SAS transportation share a ride. there is a form for you to fill out and you can make requests. these people are wonderful, we use them all the time. They are working with us to make an early flight 10:40 out of FLL, pick up in MIA Their vans are outside the port as soon as the ship docks. Give um a try!!

Google SAS transportation share a ride. there is a form for you to fill out and you can make requests. these people are wonderful, we use them all the time. They are working with us to make an early flight 10:40 out of FLL, pick up in MIA Their vans are outside the port as soon as the ship docks. Give um a try!!

Thank you so much!! (glad I don't have that early of a flight!!)