My View: First Semi-Live From Oasis - The Cruise that almost didn't happen!

I am sitting in the Diamond Lounge, enjoying the great complimentary cappuccino... DH made a comment earlier that probably has a little bit of truth, "I think that cappuccino machine is what this cruise was about."

Okay, it is a bit of an exaggeration, but it is the diamond perk I looked forward to the most. :D

a27be931bb138cab7a5d9fe00d9c3fd2.jpg

The machine:

f08a31333dbde931cc028ec3405b9a7d.jpg

Sparkling lounge :)

7eb89f93101bdaa30e0c3f7acbbd4368.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Drop off and parking are clearly marked, and there are many port agents who assist you. Cost of port parking was $128. We opted for this (despite my strict cruise budget), as DH is still recovering from the surgery, and I wanted to make it easy for his sake.

So glad to hear this! I plan to park at the port since I didn't want to have to deal with a shuttle with 2 teens and luggage. For my sanity and peace of mind, the deck at the terminal is just a better option.

I promise this will not be an all diamond thread ;)

Just one more post about the perks... I will post more pictures of the lounge next week.

1bc4763620d5b8d4fd8ce4576111681d.jpg

Remember: there is no longer an invitation for the C&A events-read your mail, as well as e-mail on the TV system.

1d19ed11a4fd399b4c781854d8321166.jpg

Youth Diamond Perks:

77225f1cfb5dcafc5a0894abf26f2fb7.jpg

Free drinks menu:

1f1ae1201d0425a3f8d00b7273ca1cb7.jpg

Alas! There will have to be one more post about diamond later tonight... I forgot to take pictures of the letter from the concierge.

Enjoy being a diamond member. I love it and all the freebies. I was surprised to get upgraded shampoo, conditioner, lotion, and shower gel as I didn't think I had enough points. An added bonus for this cruise. Feel bad for the one in medical emergency and hoping she/he is ok. I can see the helicopter from my balcony. [emoji20]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Looking forward to catching up with you ADPMOM! I always enjoy your reviews and photos. :) I am glad to hear that your husband is doing better and you all were able to make your cruise! [emoji322]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enjoy being a diamond member. I love it and all the freebies. I was surprised to get upgraded shampoo, conditioner, lotion, and shower gel as I didn't think I had enough points. An added bonus for this cruise. Feel bad for the one in medical emergency and hoping she/he is ok. I can see the helicopter from my balcony. [emoji20]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You probably have your stateroom attendant to thank for the upgraded shampoo, etc. It happened to us while Emerald once and was very nice, indeed! If you see us in the diamond lounge, please stop by and say hi [emoji846]

We feel very sad for the family too. We keep thinking that it could have been us, considering DH's recent unexpected stay in the hospital. Our experience has definitely given me a new perspective and compassion for families going through a medical crisis.

Looking forward to catching up with you ADPMOM! I always enjoy your reviews and photos. :) I am glad to hear that your husband is doing better and you all were able to make your cruise! [emoji322]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Celisse! So nice to see you here! [emoji846] I thought about you today too - I saw someone who resembles you, but I knew you are not on our cruise this time.

We opted for lunch at Park Café. We were the third family to arrive, and it was nice and quiet for about 20 minutes. If you can get there early, Park Café is a great option. Once it fills up, it is hard to find a seat.

Unfortunately, they did not have the panini for lunch. I always enjoy the soup selection, while DH enjoys the Kümmelweck. We got a shrimp and noodle pre-packaged sandwich for DS. The noodles were pretty bad, so I ran down to get him a hotdog from the Boardwalk.

Breakdown of how we saved... We used my free day on the first sea day. We waited until past midnight today, and paid ~$44 for the rest of the week, as we get $19.99 off any package with DH's diamond discount. (Before midnight it would have been $55...

Price should be the days left times $13 (the onboard price for Surf/day) minus $20 (the D discount).If you use the same technique once you make D+, you get free Surf.;)

What better way to celebrate being on a cruise than to... BOOK ANOTHER CRUISE?!!

We went from lunch to the future cruise desk to book a cruise for my parents. They will (DV) be joining us for our first back to back on Adventure of the Seas next summer!

TIP: Booking a cruise onboard has great benefits with OBC and decreased deposits, but the timing has to be right. Typically, we save more by booking early on Royal - like just after itineraries are released.

Fortunately, the Adventure sailing dropped a bit during the past two weeks, and we got a good price booking onboard.

Additionally, we finally applied for a Royal Caribbean credit card. I don't like having more than one credit card, but seeing as we have become semi Royal loyals, it will pay off in OBC's. One rule of our cruise budget: Always pay off the credit card balance, every month! No credit card debt allowed :D (Yes, we have a bunch of spreadsheets to keep up with our real bank balance).

Price should be the days left times $13 (the onboard price for Surf/day) minus $20 (the D discount).If you use the same technique once you make D+, you get free Surf.;)

Great! Come on, D+! (Still a bit far off)

Thanks. I appreciate you asking. I contacted RCCLdining, they were rather non specific. Said to make two reservations then show up together but didn't indicate if we'd get one table or two together.

I tried to find out tonight, but the gentleman misunderstood. He told me to go to the next cruise desk...

I will try again tomorrow. Different person usually equals different answer. :D

We have Boardwalk balcony 12729 again. We still prefer an ocean view balcony, but the Boardwalk balcony fits the cruise budget. A few pics-will post more next week:

9ee3ec9cf77d9f89daad63942b6d867e.jpg

a6152ceb0b480af44f655f3af1cd2f3c.jpg

47b380eab76df7a00db493b419baaf25.jpg

33237184305181a7254732da2ab8cab0.jpg

We saw dolphins from the balcony in Port Canaveral:

bec1e2cb310f17ebfb671446cae5a8e6.jpg

More to come tomorrow!

I will close with my sunrise view from this morning:

b2cc8ae6f76b8cca0cdb655082eb890c.jpg

Quick question about coffee machine in the diamond lounge: when we were on Oasis last August as well as any other RCCL ships the coffee machine was available for use 24 hours with the exception of a few times when they needed to shut it off for cleaning.

In the letter that you posted it says that coffee machine is available only during morning hours and during the cocktail hours (4:30-8). Is that correct? No more free coffee outside these hours?

I tried to find out tonight, but the gentleman misunderstood. He told me to go to the next cruise desk...

I will try again tomorrow. Different person usually equals different answer. :D

Thanks. Don't put too much effort into it. I really appreciate it, but better you enjoy your cruise.

APDMOM, on here with you family home asked me about BW incident today. Had you heard anything? Told them I thought the medical evac was person from Columbus Cove, saw that with my own eyes from the beach....

Quick question about coffee machine in the diamond lounge: when we were on Oasis last August as well as any other RCCL ships the coffee machine was available for use 24 hours with the exception of a few times when they needed to shut it off for cleaning.

In the letter that you posted it says that coffee machine is available only during morning hours and during the cocktail hours (4:30-8). Is that correct? No more free coffee outside these hours?

I was confused about that too, so I asked the concierge on Monday. She said it is available 24/7. :) I only had to wait one time (early yesterday am) for them to get the machine ready.

Thanks. Don't put too much effort into it. I really appreciate it, but better you enjoy your cruise.

No worries at all! DH is so limited on what he can do that I explore the ship a lot :D

I just ask anytime I see someone who could help. I'm sure more people will have that question. I will also look around in the dining room to see how large tables are/how many they can put together.

APDMOM, on here with you family home asked me about BW incident today. Had you heard anything? Told them I thought the medical evac was person from Columbus Cove, saw that with my own eyes from the beach....

Hi, BLAMBKY! Please say hi if you see us! I would like to meet you :)

I don't know any details. Just praying for the family.

Hi, BLAMBKY! Please say hi if you see us! I would like to meet you :)

I don't know any details. Just praying for the family.

I would enjoy meeting you too! It is a BIG ship though, actually ended up on same cruise as my boss (found out day before I left!) but have only run into them twice. If you see us, introduce yourself! BTW-so glad that you made it! hope it is a restful & relaxing trip for your husband.