Haven Free at Sea Promotion Extra Charges

SoCA6ft5

Since cruising on the Epic last summer I haven't spent too much time on this NCL board . We booked late getting a great deal on a balcony only 6 weeks out and expected no changes in policy . Two weeks later they instituted the no carry on of soda/water rule . We enjoyed our cruise but I vowed to make sure that any future cruise would again have to be cheaper then the competition due to their well deserved nickle and dimeing policies. I mentioned the sleazy NCL move at the time here on CC and was told by some loyalists that if you can't afford blah blah blah and then they bragged about the Haven . Having read some of the same sort of posts with this latest move I have no doubt these same folks will defend NCL when they start charging for linens towels and lifeboats .

As for myself I will book NCL again when the cruise is dirt cheap just like last time . Also wanted to bump this thread to make sure more occasional followers see it .

Since cruising on the Epic last summer I haven't spent too much time on this NCL board . We booked late getting a great deal on a balcony only 6 weeks out and expected no changes in policy . Two weeks later they instituted the no carry on of soda/water rule . We enjoyed our cruise but I vowed to make sure that any future cruise would again have to be cheaper then the competition due to their well deserved nickle and dimeing policies. I mentioned the sleazy NCL move at the time here on CC and was told by some loyalists that if you can't afford blah blah blah and then they bragged about the Haven . Having read some of the same sort of posts with this latest move I have no doubt these same folks will defend NCL when they start charging for linens towels and lifeboats .

As for myself I will book NCL again when the cruise is dirt cheap just like last time . Also wanted to bump this thread to make sure more occasional followers see it .

I think there are always going to be changes and people who are not happy with them on any cruise line. I am not a defender of NCL by any means and I too am annoyed with many of the upcharges and new charges etc. But, our upcoming cruise is cheaper than any equal cruise I can get anywhere else so NCL has our business for now. That said, not all Haven guest are a loyalist. I've been seeing many of them recently deciding to go elsewhere due to NCL now charging them the DSC and gratuities for the drink packages... perks they always got for free before. I believe that as long as they have people agreeing to pay for all these things that they are going to continue to move forward and find more ways to profit.

We are loyal NCL Platinum customers. We sail in suites and prefer the Haven. I have x dollars to spend. We have discontinued our annual NYC to Bermuda cruise because the price increased $1700 pp. Just canceled a 2018 cruise in a suite because of the new policy. We are sailing on the Jade next month. We booked the Jade in March 2016. We will continue to cruise NCL if the price is right.

We are loyal NCL Platinum customers. We sail in suites and prefer the Haven. I have x dollars to spend. We have discontinued our annual NYC to Bermuda cruise because the price increased $1700 pp. Just canceled a 2018 cruise in a suite because of the new policy. We are sailing on the Jade next month. We booked the Jade in March 2016. We will continue to cruise NCL if the price is right.
I am glad that although loyal to NCL (although they aren't to you) , you sail only " if the price is right ". Sorry to hear you have been priced out of your annual Bermuda cruise . I am sailing HAL's Veendam there in less then 4 weeks . With limited experience I feel a lot less like a money pinata on HAL then NCL .;)

That said, not all Haven guest are a loyalist. I've been seeing many of them recently deciding to go elsewhere due to NCL now charging them the DSC and gratuities for the drink packages... perks they always got for free before. I believe that as long as they have people agreeing to pay for all these things that they are going to continue to move forward and find more ways to profit.

I think that thoose charges are a small part of why many decides to try something new. The reason for us to try MSC for our next cruise is that the cost for the cruise is $3500 less than on NCL.

The drink package has not been included at all when we have cruised with NCL.

I think that thoose charges are a small part of why many decides to try something new. The reason for us to try MSC for our next cruise is that the cost for the cruise is $3500 less than on NCL. .

BINGO... and that's why we'll be on the MSC Seaside over Thanksgiving 2018. The price difference was substantial! We "were" also loyal Platinum Suite and Haven NCL cruisers. But the MSC Loyalty Match to Black and the much better price for the Yacht Club suite made it a no brainer to give MSC a whirl.

I think that thoose charges are a small part of why many decides to try something new. The reason for us to try MSC for our next cruise is that the cost for the cruise is $3500 less than on NCL.

The drink package has not been included at all when we have cruised with NCL.

Yeah...and if I lived close to Florida I might do the same. Not a fan of flying or driving that far......so we take what we can get out of NYC. That's a great deal you got there.