Anytime Dining on Day 1

paylady

We will be traveling on Regal Princess this summer (Baltic). This will be a port intensive cruise and I can't imagine traditional dining working for us this time. I haven't experienced anytime dining since the new Club Class was implemented and was wondering how this has affected the Regal. I am wondering what to expect. When do the anytime dining rooms seem busier?

I was wondering if I'm foolish to attempt a group dinner with folks we're traveling with on Day 1. Muster will most likely be scheduled for 5 pm, so I'm hoping the DR will open around 5:30. Do you think it will be crowded when it first opens? On other nights we can wing it and eat when it's not so crowded.

We will be traveling on Regal Princess this summer (Baltic). This will be a port intensive cruise and I can't imagine traditional dining working for us this time. I haven't experienced anytime dining since the new Club Class was implemented and was wondering how this has affected the Regal. I am wondering what to expect. When do the anytime dining rooms seem busier?

I was wondering if I'm foolish to attempt a group dinner with folks we're traveling with on Day 1. Muster will most likely be scheduled for 5 pm, so I'm hoping the DR will open around 5:30. Do you think it will be crowded when it first opens? On other nights we can wing it and eat when it's not so crowded.

This may be difficult on embarkation day however speak with the MD/HW asap after boarding. Or/

The MD meets with passengers in one of the DR's approx 2p-3:30p to discuss dining issues.

This meet will be listed in the embarkation day patter. get there early as there is usually a pretty good line.

Yes, the DR will be open at 5:30, maybe even 5. Dining room times are on the back page of the Princess Patter. ATD worked well for us on a Baltic cruise on the Royal, as passengers were spread throughout the evening. Believe Club Class Dining is in the Deck 6 mid ship DR. This DR also has very early traditional dining and opens for ATD at 7:30. If you like to dine early you will be in the deck 5 mid ship DR, so Club Class should not be a factor. We have been using ATD since it was introduced in the early 2,000's. We generally find it hectic on the first evening, and dine in another location. The Regal has a great buffet, Alfredo's is also very nice. International Cafe & Trident Grill are also places we have dined on the first night. Most ships the maitre'd allow reservations for ATD. Reservation times are fixed for example 5:30, 5:45, 7:30, 7:45. You can call the dine line if you want a table for a group and make a reservation.

Yes, the DR will be open at 5:30, maybe even 5. Dining room times are on the back page of the Princess Patter. ATD worked well for us on a Baltic cruise on the Royal, as passengers were spread throughout the evening. Believe Club Class Dining is in the Deck 6 mid ship DR. This DR also has very early traditional dining and opens for ATD at 7:30. If you like to dine early you will be in the deck 5 mid ship DR, so Club Class should not be a factor. We have been using ATD since it was introduced in the early 2,000's. We generally find it hectic on the first evening, and dine in another location. The Regal has a great buffet, Alfredo's is also very nice. International Cafe & Trident Grill are also places we have dined on the first night. Most ships the maitre'd allow reservations for ATD. Reservation times are fixed for example 5:30, 5:45, 7:30, 7:45. You can call the dine line if you want a table for a group and make a reservation.

When you say "You can call the dine line...", is that pre-cruise or once on the ship? I took it to mean once we board.

Thanks everyone for your quick responses! :)

When you say "You can call the dine line...", is that pre-cruise or once on the ship? I took it to mean once we board.

Thanks everyone for your quick responses! :)

Yes, on board, you call in the morning. If you have a special request with a large group you might want to speak with the head waiter, the day before. Pretty difficult to get a group together for dinner on boarding day. However, the DR is open for lunch from noon to 1:30 on boarding day. You may want to have your group there. It isn't normally crowded.