Paying for Cheers?

mamiamjo

I tried researching this on Carnival's site, but I keep getting webpage cannot be found errors(?)

If I go to purchase Cheers pre-cruise, will I have to pay for it right then, or will I be allowed to let it hit my Sail & Sign account for that cabin and pay for it while on the cruise?

If you pre-purchase it, you save $5 per day, but you are pre-purchasing it, so it will be charged immediately. The cut off time is 10 pm ET the night before your cruise to pre-purchase. You can just use the same payment method you are using for your S&S account to pay for it then. If you are using cash, just pick up Carnival gift cards at a local store to pay.

Question: I have never done the Cheer program before, but seriously considering it for my upcoming cruise in August. If I pre-purchase, how will I get the sticker on my S&S card? Will it be on it when I check in, or will I have to go to a br nd have it validated somehow? I am sailing out of Galveston, so the Cheers program ill not kick in until the first sea day.

Question: I have never done the Cheer program before, but seriously considering it for my upcoming cruise in August. If I pre-purchase, how will I get the sticker on my S&S card? Will it be on it when I check in, or will I have to go to a br nd have it validated somehow? I am sailing out of Galveston, so the Cheers program ill not kick in until the first sea day.

When you go to the bar for the first time, they'll put the sticker on your card. It'll be on your account when they swipe it and will see it. When you purchase the program, it'll link to your cabin and account.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just bought myself cheers and my 2 daughters bottomless bubbles Monday for our July 9th Breeze cruise.

$430 bucks for all 3 of us unlimited was too good a deal to pass up. Now to figure out what excursions to do.

• 3 weeks later...
If you pre-purchase it, you save $5 per day, but you are pre-purchasing it, so it will be charged immediately. The cut off time is 10 pm ET the night before your cruise to pre-purchase. You can just use the same payment method you are using for your S&S account to pay for it then. If you are using cash, just pick up Carnival gift cards at a local store to pay.

I read on another post that you couldn't use a gift card to pay for Cheers. Does anybody know if this is in fact the case?

I read on another post that you couldn't use a gift card to pay for Cheers. Does anybody know if this is in fact the case?

You can use gift cards to pay for Cheers online. It's an option when you get to the payment section. If you wait until you're onboard you can apply the gift cards to your account and therefore use them to pay for Cheers that way but it's $5 more a day.

And...if you do as we have, and purchase gift cards from AARP, or Verizon, or CitiBank, or Allstate or now AMEX, and maybe some others that I don't know...you can save 10% off the cost of Cheers. I have $800 in gift cards that I paid $720...on our upcoming Pride cruise, Cheers pre-purchased is $804....so gift cards save us almost $80..thats a night at the steakhouse...more or less...

I am an AARP member. Where do I go to buy a gift card? And what's this about points? Their web site isn't too helpful.

Thanks.

I stumbled about a bit at first. Google AARP Rewards for Good. Once there you have to register, if I remember correctly, but you don't have to join AARP.

In my opinion it's easily worth the time it takes to save over 9% on each Carnival gift card. Apply it to your cruise fare, excursions, beverage cost and/or your on-board Sail and Sign account.