Luggage Tags - to tape or not to tape?

evawebrez

We're flying into FL before our cruise and don't want to attach our Carnival luggage tags until we're ready for the cruise. My hubby thinks it's silly to bring a roll of packing tape to "protect" our Carnival luggage tags and says they should be fine without it. (using zip ties to attach I guess?) I'm on the fence. Thoughts?

We use staples 6-8 around the tags.

I cover our luggage tags in packing tape at home. I cut off the parts that say, "Do Not Cut" :eek:, fold them in half, wrap them, punch a hole in each one, and put them and zip ties in the folder with all of our cruise documents. The morning of embarkation, we attach the tags to our luggage at the hotel and head to the ship.

That's exactly how I do mine, works great!

I used to tape mine. Didn't want to take the chance of those flimsy pieces of paper being ripped off while being handled. For this upcoming cruise, I bought the luggage tag holders off of Amazon. Definitely going to be using those from now on. Very secure and easier than trying to deal with the tape on departure day.

Same here- did 12 years of tape/zip tie, now using metal grommet zip top plastic tags from Amazon and wish had bought sooner.

I also am paranoid and put two on bag, one on end,one on side, and make sure take a photo of luggage. I read also supposed to put name/cabin i side the suitcase.

One cruise we walked down past guest services, and poor gal was having to figure out ver 50 bags that no longer had tags and where they went.

Not sure when you are leaving but amazon has carnival luggage tag holders that are plastic that you can hook onto your luggage.

Yes, we have luggage tags from Amazon. Plastic ziplock style, and cables that ends screw together to attach to luggage. Very secure and work great.

Sent from my Moto Z Droid.

We're flying into FL before our cruise and don't want to attach our Carnival luggage tags until we're ready for the cruise. My hubby thinks it's silly to bring a roll of packing tape to "protect" our Carnival luggage tags and says they should be fine without it. (using zip ties to attach I guess?) I'm on the fence. Thoughts?

Your husband is absolutely correct...they are fine without it...until the are not.

I always tape. Then put a couple staples through it to snug it up to the handle on my suitcase. Takes all of 60 seconds for each bag. And really...how much space does 3" diameter roll of tape take up in a suitcase?

I always have taped ours, loop them through the handle, then staple them.

This time around on our recent Alaska cruise I ordered luggage tag holders. A link was on my Facebook page, so I ordered. Now ..... how did Facebook know I had booked a cruise and may want to order them?????? ha!!!

Anyway, they were a good price for four of them. If you are interested, I can go to my Facebook and see if I can find the link. I think they were only $6.99 maybe??!!

I echo the call for the plastic luggage tags. I bought them after I heard of a cruise that boarded in the heavy rain and luggage got wet and the tags disintegrated.

The other reason I support them is if you don't self disembark the stupid colour tags they give you can easily come off. However I just slip them into the plastic sleeves and no need to worry! Taping works for embarkation but you forget that it can be annoying to have to search for the lost case if the tag comes off at disembarkation.

I just keep the plastic tags on the suitcases all the time - if I am flying I just leave it empty.

Same here- did 12 years of tape/zip tie, now using metal grommet zip top plastic tags from Amazon and wish had bought sooner.

I also am paranoid and put two on bag, one on end,one on side, and make sure take a photo of luggage. I read also supposed to put name/cabin i side the suitcase.

One cruise we walked down past guest services, and poor gal was having to figure out ver 50 bags that no longer had tags and where they went.

Great idea to take a picture.