? about tendering and excursions

I have an upcoming cruise with a stop at Bar Harbor which has to tender. We get in at 8am. I am trying to book an excursion that is for 9:30. I have to be on an 8:30 tender to check in at pier about 9 then walk down the street and board the bus at 9:15.

This excursion is not thru the ship. When we get into port, will they only let off the people who booked thru them first and we have to wait? Or if I get down there and get in line early can I make a tender?

I have sailed with Royal before but don't usually have tender ports.

Thanks for any input

I have an upcoming cruise with a stop at Bar Harbor which has to tender. We get in at 8am. I am trying to book an excursion that is for 9:30. I have to be on an 8:30 tender to check in at pier about 9 then walk down the street and board the bus at 9:15.

This excursion is not thru the ship. When we get into port, will they only let off the people who booked thru them first and we have to wait? Or if I get down there and get in line early can I make a tender?

I have sailed with Royal before but don't usually have tender ports.

Thanks for any input

We have tendered in Bar Harbor and had no issue getting off on one of the first tenders to make a private excursion. There can be fog early morning, so that can be a problem. What company are you going through? We have booked Oli's Trolley twice since it was half the price the cruise offers them for and we made the first morning run with a ton of time to spare. There are two different docks the tenders can come into and Oli's pickup location is right at one of them and just a couple minute walk from the other. They are really good with working with cruise ship passengers too and have a great refund policy if you don't make the port. Hope that is who you are booked through.

First, we are not elite with Royal - we are Emerald, working on Diamond. :) Not in a suite.

Yes we have booked thru Oli's Trolleys. The lady was very nice. I think she said 9:30 was the only time they are doing for the 4 hour tour. She did say we had to be on the 8:30 tender to make it. She told me to call and let them know if I will not make it in time and they would work to get me on a shorter tour and refund the difference.

There will be 8 or 10 of us - not sure if 2 will make the cruise. I read somewhere that I could get a "group" tender ticket to get us all off early if we have an early excursion.

Haven't heard of a group tender ticket before - mind you I travel solo so that might be the reason why. It's easy enough to blend in with the excursions going on tenders. Nobody checks to make sure you are actually on an excursion. When the excursions go to the deck where the tenders are, just join the line and you'll be fine.