Concerned about getting an Upgrade

kerryincork

This thought popped in to my head and now has me worried. We leave in a couple of months for the Meraviglia.

We are booked in to our first suit: 1 bedroom corner suit with hot tub on balcony. Aurea experience.

I am now imagining arriving at check in and staff telling me 'Good News you've been given an upgrade to YC'. Goodbye 1 bedroom suit with jacuzzi hello pokey cabin in the YC. I for one would be heartbroken.

What I really want is for someone to tell me this has never happened.

Also on MSC website it says you don't get the perks of upgrade. I just can't get it out of my head of losing my suit given a balcony or inside in the YC and not even getting to use the YC.

I've only sailed inside cabins before with MSC. And this is the most I have ever spent on a cruise and this probably totally irationale fear. Also booked through UK.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

I know what you're saying Kerry as this is my first suite as got the same cabin type. Have you got no upgrade ticked on your booking? Can you check?

Being in YC would be an upgrade but obviously not in an inside cabin.

I'm cruising for that balcony & hot tub!

I can ask my travel agent friend as he did my booking for this cruise!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I should think it is unlikely. I did a mock booking and it shows only Bella cabins available. So I would think it would very unlikely. That this would happened.

What had me worried I was just reading small print about upgrade, you only get the room not the privileges that goes with it.

Can you imagine it. Being told you YC interia or Balcony was the upgrade & you couldn't use any of the YC facilities

I'm not sure what they mean by no YC privileges. I get that you could not use the special dinning room, and probably get only regular housekeeping v the butler who will do more, but would they really mean you can't use the pool deck or the lounge? What about bar service and the nibbles they put out?

I may start a thread on this ...

Not sure I was only reading the small print 😀 i have no idea if it is happens that you get bumped up in to YC. I know people who get bumped up to AUREA cabins & suits and they only benifit from the room.

A YC balcony or interior is only half the size of a duplex or corner suit. And in my mind wouldn't be an upgrade at all.

More of a thought exercise, trying to find out if anyone has had a non-voluntary upgrade to the YC from a large suit (non YC)

There was a fairly recent thread where someone says they got upgraded to the YC! No idea what cabin they were in, we usually request no upgrade when booking if we are going for a certain cabin or suite.

A short time ago there was a discussion as to upgrade and YC perks, the consensus was that you would get the perks in the YC.