Need Help from Experienced RC Cruisers!

We've booked a 5-day anniversary cruise for this Nov on Independence of the Seas. My husband has only been on a 4-day Bahamas cruise on Norwegian Sky with the kids. I did the Sky cruise as well as a HAL Oosterdam Alaskan cruise in 2005. I'm starting to be concerned by some of the reviews I've seen. I know the ship will be going to dry dock soon after our cruise. For those who have been on IOS lately, do you think we might want to consider changing to another ship to ensure a great 10-year anniversary?

I never take much notice of reviews. Most are very subjective.

I have been on IOS on many occasions. It is a matter of taste but I am not aware of any issues that would prevent me booking the next cruise.

My personal preference is a 7 day Caribbean cruise on Allure or Oasis. Both the Western and Eastern Caribbean itineraries are great. In fact we have one booked for this summer to celebrate our 25th anniversary.

I have been on her several times in the last couple of years and I have nothing but great things to say about her. Don't worry about what you have read it is just the people who didn't get what they wanted and felt the need to complain that tend to dominate here. I am very found of all of the Freedom class ships and when I went on Independence the first time I saw the same negative reviews but after being on her there is just no basis for them. Go with an open mind and I am sure you will have a great time.

I just got back from a cruise on Independence of the Seas.

If you are concerned about the condition of the ship, I wouldn't be. It seemed very clean and well-maintained to me.

My only issue, and this would apply to all the larger ships, is the ratio of public space to passengers. There were times when some of the venues were very crowded, especially along the promenade.

But all in all, I don't think there's anything in particular about that ship that should impair your enjoyment of your anniversary cruise, when compared with other similar ships. I had a wonderful time on my cruise and would not hesitate to cruise on that ship again.

Many people said the same thing about "Empress OTS". I was a bit nervous but hey, it was going to Cuba. Nothing was further from the truth. Sure little things here and there but it was nothing that would spoil a trip. Enjoy your time and Happy Anniversary.