Booked cruises, new offers

ukellie

Hi fellow U.K. princess cruisers

We have two cruises booked with princess, one of which is in April 2019, my TA said that if I see a significant price drop or sip and sail offer, for £100 ( a one time offer) I can cash in on the offers, and the drop in price currently on offer

Has anyone done this and is it as easy as that

Thank you

Ellie :)

We have two cruises booked with princess, one of which is in April 2019, my TA said that if I see a significant price drop or sip and sail offer, for £100 ( a one time offer) I can cash in on the offers, and the drop in price currently on offer

Thank you

Hi Ellie,

It's worth a try we had a cruise on Crown a few years ago where the price dropped with an offer and I phoned Princess (I'd booked that one independently) and they reduced our cabin by £1000 I have currently asked our TA to look into whether we can get the current OBC offer for a cruise we've booked for Sept 2018.

Good luck :)

Hi Ellie,

It's worth a try we had a cruise on Crown a few years ago where the price dropped with an offer and I phoned Princess (I'd booked that one independently) and they reduced our cabin by £1000 I have currently asked our TA to look into whether we can get the current OBC offer for a cruise we've booked for Sept 2018.

Good luck :)

Hi thanks for that let us know if you are successful with the OBC :)

Thank you

Got to ask the question why does it cost UK customers £100 to change the booking when the price of a cruise lowers.

USA customers can change booking for FREE!!!!!!! WHY?

Got to ask the question why does it cost UK customers £100 to change the booking when the price of a cruise lowers.

USA customers can change booking for FREE!!!!!!! WHY?

Wow, I guess this will start a debate if it does cost £100 to change, or us it my TA making a bit of money - interested to read other cruisers experiences

Hi

Just to confirm that the £100 change fee is an official Princess charge - introduced about a year ago. And you can only do this once. It is treated as a cancellation and then a new booking. For UK cruisers it is worth bearing in mind that the exchange rate has worsened over the last year (currently $1.25 to £1) so costs for pre-paying gratuities, drinks packages, OBC etc may be higher under a new booking.

Hi

Just to confirm that the £100 change fee is an official Princess charge - introduced about a year ago. And you can only do this once. It is treated as a cancellation and then a new booking. For UK cruisers it is worth bearing in mind that the exchange rate has worsened over the last year (currently $1.25 to £1) so costs for pre-paying gratuities, drinks packages, OBC etc may be higher under a new booking.

Thanks for that info - well worth watching to see if there is a signifanct drop or offers become available 😁

outside of the 90 day window you can cancel and rebook for free - you will lose existing offers ie OBC drinks package etc though but usually the savings a so significant they outweigh the existing benefits - £2000 in our case!

Are you 100% sure you can rebook up to 90 dats out, you don't lose anything not even your deposit.

Are you 100% sure you can rebook up to 90 dats out, you don't lose anything not even your deposit.

I can only go on my experience - I had a booking (direct with Princess) saw it cheaper (on princess website)- booked a second booking at the new price then rang to cancel first booking.

deposit for first booking was refunded in full - no additional charges