Gluten free on Riviera

Trophyman

Our first cruise on Oceania.

Has anyone had experience with gluten free options in the specialty restaurants on the Riviera? I know I am fine in the steak house but wonder how far out of their way will they go in the others.....pasta in the Italian, modified sauces in the French/Asian. I am looking at the menus and don't want to miss out!

Thank you

If you notify Oceania that you need gluten free meals, they will arrange to provide to your stateroom, a written list of your options every day. We had a friend on a 16-day cruise on Marina who was extremely happy with this service and option and had no problems during her cruise.

Wiks

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Oceania is one of the best lines for allergies and religious accommodation. Chefs will consult with you daily. My adult son is an extreme celiac and never had an issue. He did remind staff at each meal and mentioned there was a special prepared meal prepared for him (primarily to ensure not prepared with other possible cross contaminates). Ironically he was a saucer when he developed his allergy.

saucer:)

I usually end up sick a day or two on cruises....not sure if it's cross contamination or my giving in to temptation on questionable items.....or my just over doing it with so many goodies. I'm not that sensitive to cross contamination after almost 60 years on the GF diet., so it is probably the two later issues😀

We were just on a cruise with our son and DIL. We advised in advance that she was gluten free and they gave her menus two days in advance to pick what she wanted. She had a great time and no problems.