Getting off the ship for an international flight

We are booked on a Med cruise next May on Symphony. I'm starting to look at flights and wondering whats the earliest time we can get off the ship is and is that enough time to make a 12:20 flight back to the States? We don't have the option to stay another night in Spain after cruise is over, but trying to make a flight that leaves at 12:20 already has me nervous!

It will depend on the port. Barcelona would be doable, Rome somewhat tighter.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

As they mentioned 'we won't have the option to stay another night in Spain' I'd guess it's Barcelona, but hope the O.P will confirm..

If it is Barcelona, you will be absolutely fine :) We were at Barcelona Airport by 8am last October. It's very easy to get to from the port

We are booked on a Med cruise next May on Symphony. I'm starting to look at flights and wondering whats the earliest time we can get off the ship is and is that enough time to make a 12:20 flight back to the States? We don't have the option to stay another night in Spain after cruise is over, but trying to make a flight that leaves at 12:20 already has me nervous!

Since you mention Spain, I am assuming Barcelona for the port so 12:20 is doable if it is your only option. I am just overly cautious so I would shoot for 1-2 pm if possible

12pm will be fine. My MIL and SIL had a flight @ 11:30am a few years back and they were in the Airport sitting at the gate by 9:30 am.

Just do self walk off and jump in a cab. Self walk off is right after they are cleared so between 7am-7:30z

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just disembarked this morning in Barcelona from the FOS, we took the express disembarkation at 6:15 and took a cab to the airport, we were there at 7:30 AM. We had a flight at 12:30, but were able to bring the flight forward to 10:30. So I think it's very doable!

We disembarked in Barcelona in May. Our flight back to Ireland was supposed to be at 10.45am. We decided to self disembark in the end. This took place at about 6.30am. Once they opened the gangway it was all very fast and once coach was full we were on our way. Airport is only about 30 minute drive from port but that was a Sunday morning early so we were there faster. We had plenty of time and then our flight was delayed. Enjoy your cruise.

• 1 month later...

The airport is very close; we have flown back the same day twice and never had an issue. In fact, we have had more than enough time, as we wheel our own bags. However, now we always stay extra time because we can and enjoy the no fuss!!! Again, you should be fine!!! Barcelona is the easiest airport to fly out of after a cruise, IMHO.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums