Steakhouse Restaurants on Carnival

SS Exeter

Just wondering how the Steakhouses compare on the ships. We ate at Fahrenheit 555 on the Vista, and it was probably the Best steakhouse we've been to afloat. But we have cruises coming up on the Splendor and Glory and the steakhouses are not called Fahrenheit 555. Can anyone tell me how they compare.

And, just as an aside, the Italian Restaurant on the Vista was also wonderful. Sad that it's not on the other ships.

Just wondering how the Steakhouses compare on the ships. We ate at Fahrenheit 555 on the Vista, and it was probably the Best steakhouse we've been to afloat. But we have cruises coming up on the Splendor and Glory and the steakhouses are not called Fahrenheit 555. Can anyone tell me how they compare.

And, just as an aside, the Italian Restaurant on the Vista was also wonderful. Sad that it's not on the other ships.

Every steakhouse on Carnival ships have a different name I think. I was on Magic last year and Prime was outstanding so Im going back again in October. I would expect more of the same on Glory and Splendor. One thing for sure is Carnivals steakhouses dont get very many bad reviews no matter which ship they are on or what they are called :)

The steakhouses are fairly consistent across the fleet.

Until the recently each steakhouse had it's own name. David's on the Pride, Nick and Nora on the Miracle, Pinnacle on the Splendor, Conquest has the Point....you get the idea.

I have had one of the best steaks I have ever had the pleasure to eat at a Carnival Steakhouse and three days later was very disappointed. (same ship/ same sailing) So there are variances. I will also share you have only to mention you are not happy and Carnival will make it right.

Make reservations for the steakhouse on your future sailings with confidence.

How long does dinner in the steakhouse last?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Usually 2-3 hours, there are 5 courses (soup, salad, appetizer/starter, main course, and dessert) you order plus chef's surprises brought out in between. Everything and I mean everything that can be made to order is not even prepared until you start the previous course. For example if you order the salad they will bring a cart along side your table and add the ingredients you want then toss the salad to well distribute the dressing (or serve it on the side if requested).

The portions in the steakhouse are much bigger than you get from the MDR;s standard menu. So sometimes when we eat at the Steakhouse we will only order 3 or 4 menu items, so we have room for dessert. We have also been known when we don't like the main courses in the MDR to order from the up-charge (in Nov'16 it was $20 per plate) Steakhouse selections. Just so we didn't have the longer wait for the main course at the MDR dinner we tell the server as soon as we sit down that we will be ordering from there so they can get the order up to the Steakhouse for a timely delivery.

I've had great dinners and really bad ones on Pride. For the bad one I couldn't get my water refilled, couldn't get the attention of anyone to ask for a different steak as the one I got was unidentifiable and grizzly. It was a comped dinner and they just ignored me.

Thank you all so much for the most helpful info. We have reservations for two nights at the Splendor Steakhouse - and it is only a four night cruise. That's how good it is.:cool:

Our next cruise will be our 4th time on the Splendor and we have reservations in the Steakhouse.

We found it to be outstanding in service as well.

Happy Sailing!

We have also been known when we don't like the main courses in the MDR to order from the up-charge (in Nov'16 it was $20 per plate) Steakhouse selections. Just so we didn't have the longer wait for the main course at the MDR dinner we tell the server as soon as we sit down that we will be ordering from there so they can get the order up to the Steakhouse for a timely delivery.

Just for clarification, Steakhouse selections on ships w/o a steakhouse are prepared in the MDR Galley.

Usually 2-3 hours, there are 5 courses (soup, salad, appetizer/starter, main course, and dessert) you order plus chef's surprises brought out in between. Everything and I mean everything that can be made to order is not even prepared until you start the previous course. For example if you order the salad they will bring a cart along side your table and add the ingredients you want then toss the salad to well distribute the dressing (or serve it on the side if requested).

The portions in the steakhouse are much bigger than you get from the MDR;s standard menu. So sometimes when we eat at the Steakhouse we will only order 3 or 4 menu items, so we have room for dessert. We have also been known when we don't like the main courses in the MDR to order from the up-charge (in Nov'16 it was $20 per plate) Steakhouse selections. Just so we didn't have the longer wait for the main course at the MDR dinner we tell the server as soon as we sit down that we will be ordering from there so they can get the order up to the Steakhouse for a timely delivery.

We will have a group of 12 going to the steakhouse firs night of our sailing on the Miracle and I estimated 2 hours. it's for 7:30pm so I hope we can get it done in 2 hours. If we all order our whole meal at the same time, does it go any faster? I can ask them to all do that if it gets us to the comedy show.