Laundry

Cobbie48

I have heard that the dryers are inadequate and require two cycles to get dry. I think that is only true if you stuff the dryer or dry on low. I dried six 2X tshirts, two pairs of size 14 jeans, one pair of socks, and underwear on medium(I dry on low at home), and they were completely dry in one cycle. Nothing was damaged. The dryer was only half full.

There were warning signs on the Legend dryers last week saying that for one washer, use two dryers. I assume that is why they had two washers and four dryers.

There were warning signs on the Legend dryers last week saying that for one washer, use two dryers. I assume that is why they had two washers and four dryers.

I thought the sign said two dryer cycles. Either way, I just don't think that is necessary if you have half a load or less.

We will be starting our vacation with a bag of dirty clothes, as we're staying in Charleston for a few days prior to our sailing, and there are 5 of us. I am probably going to do a load on day #2 (our first sea day) so everything will start off clean. I have always had good luck finding an open machine either late afternoon (when everyone else is getting ready for the first dinner seating, and we have second seating) or super early in the morning. I am not much of a morning person but I do like being up by myself on the ship with a cup of coffee enjoying an uncrowded view of the sea. Makes doing laundry on vacation not that bad. If we accumulate a ton more and I don't feel like washing again myself it will probably be worth $15 to me to have them do the second bagful.