Land and Sea vacations

Ferndale Girl

Does anybody know if there are ever any sales on Land and Sea vacations? We're looking at the Heart of the Rockies Plus Rail that is before an Alaska cruise. It is nice to get free gratuities or some ship board credit or some perk like they offer in their other sales. I was wondering if when they offer something in a sale for the cruise sailing date if they would offer it when it is part of the package.

If the combined cruisetour is not selling well, then there can be sale pricing.

But since most for Alaska do sell pretty well, there is usually no need for sale pricing.

A sale on just cabins that might be included in a cruisetour will usually not affect the pricing of the cruisetour.

Thank you for your responses. I guess I'll just have to book it and pay the high price. I think we will enjoy the trip.

Having priced out the cost of the train, that train trip booked independently is pretty expensive. That is why I don't think the combo trip will be discounted. With Princess hotels, they will do it to fill the bus or fill the hotels but with the train, they don't own that and the company can easily sell the seat on their own. Honestly - I think that train trip is a once in a lifetime trip. I would love to do it.

I booked a cruisetour in late 2015 for 2017. I watched all the sales as they came out, and they are sometimes eligible for the sales/promotions. I have a habit of looking at ALL of the tours. Sometimes when there is a sale, a particular tour will show sold out then once over, lot and behold, tour is available again. So, it seems Princess will have a specific number of rooms available per tour per sale. I know some who were on my roll call for this year did well with the Sip and Sale promo. I got a discount that worked for the 3 for Free promo. I ultimately had to cancel due to a family situation, so I am doing it all again for my 2018 trip. Book early. Check the fares often. If you see a sale or promo that works for you, get it right away.

All that said, regarding the Rockies cruisetour. I have noticed a trend that these sell out very quickly and fairly early compared to the other tours.

We have B2B cruisetours for New England & Canada in 2018. I note that the land tour component / cruise component are not separated, hence tracking any sales or price drops is virtually impossible. I wish Princess would separate the prices.

Two years ago we did the Canadian Rockies cruise tour and it was fabulous. We did get a sip and sale or similar package when we booked.

We just came back from the cruise tour on the Coral and we did get the sip and sale package with it as well.

I do see that the cruise tours will be in on the sip and sale starting June 20.

Sorry - yes Sip and Sail and other promos do apply to these. I thought of "do they ever run promos on land trips" and the only time I see these reduced is after final payment but 3 for free and sip and sail do apply to these. But yes - if you book at the same time as the promo and it applies to your sailing, you often get the sale on the cruise part (sip and sail starts soon).