Formal nights on Crown Princess

bcu

We are going to Norwegian Fjords in July with Crown

Princess and was wondering what Nights are formal nights. We sail on 22nd of July. This is our first time going

with Princess and would like to know if people get dressed up in tuxedos .

Thank you.

My DH & I will be on this cruise and the 14 day Baltic before this one. My Dh will wear a dark suite, dress shirt & tie. I will be in cocktail attire. Many will say that it is not required. I quess that is true, because on most ships it is not enforced. If you go to the Princess web page it will say what is expected for everyone to wear on formal night. We have found on European cruises people do tend to dress up more. Do not be surprised if you see some dressed very casual on formal nights. It is just the way it is. Formal nights are usually on sea days. I am betting formal nights on this cruise will be the first sea day and the day we are in Bergan because we will be leaving at 2:00 pm that day.

HI bcu!

Welcome to Cruise Critic!

We did this cruise about 3 years ago and loved it! Assuming your formal nights are the same as ours were.....it will be the 1st Sea Day and the day you leave from Bergen. Princess over the last few years has been pretty consistent on making the formal nights on a 7 day cruise the 1st sea day and the last sea day that is not the night before disembarkation. Since your last sea day is that night, it then moves to a day where you leave the port early, which for you is Bergen.

This thread also discusses formal attire and if you use the Search feature (top right of threads when you are logged in), you will find many many more as it is is often 'discussed' topic.

;p

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2510661

Have a WONDERFUL cruise!

Princess and was wondering what Nights are formal nights. We sail on 22nd of July. This is our first time going

Thank you.

You'll see more tuxedos in Europe, as they seem to dress up more than US pax do. It's not required by any means to wear a tux, but feel free to do so, if you like. You'll get the dress down crowd coming on board quickly & telling you to ignore ANY dress codes & dress as you wish. They ARE the minority, but very vocal. Just dress as you would going to a nice restaurant or a play. The buffet is casual & has a pretty lax code overall.

Thank you.

If you have one then wear it by all means. You won't be out of place.

Thank you.

Well the four of us will be dressing up - probably white DJ for the men.

It's important, I think, for men to look their best at least a few times on cruises. A tux makes you look your best and makes a statement to others that you want everyone to see you at your best. Granted, it takes up space in your luggage but not so much that you can't manage it. I was disappointed when cruise lines decided to change their policy and allowed men to dress down on formal nights. Look at the women, they dress up and look their best on formal nights and men should dress up to show respect for the women if nothing else.

I recognize that many men do not like or want to wear a tux but doing so a couple of nights doesn't hurt you and lends a little sophistication to your cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Forums