Escape restaurants which one??

Like you, I enjoy my meat well done also. I just let them know I'd like a well done piece. Sometimes, they were able to find something on the skewer to serve right away. Other times, they would go back to the kitchen and bring me a well done piece. I didn't mind the wait, as there were other things to enjoy - the wonderful salad bar, grilled pineapple, chicken, etc.

We don't mind the wait either. Thanks so much, I don't think we will cancel our reservation now.

I think we're going to do LeBistro and Cagneys for Platinum dinners

I thought the Platinum benefit was a dinner for two at either Le Bistro or Cagney's and either La Cucina or Moderno's (i.e. pick one between the first two and one between the second two) or am I completely out to lunch on this? Just trying to clarify as we have this same set up in Dec with two Platinum dinners and the 3-dinner SDP.

Save

Me and my sister got sick around the exact same time after eating at Moderno. We blame the salad bar but eh...guess it might have been a coincidence of some sort.

Cagney's rocked but for us, Le Bistro was the hands down winner onboard. We actually cancelled teppanyaki and went back to Le Bistro.

Sailed Escape on 6/3 as part of a group of 20. Each night between 8-12 of us ate together at the same restaurants so I believe we basically tasted most of the menu at each restaurant. If using a 3-meal dining package, which is what comes with most promotions, and have to choose where to use them the best bang for your buck would be at Cagneys(most expensive), La Cucina, Bayamo, or Le Bistro. Here are our experiences:

Cagneys: Wonderful straightforward steakhouse. All 8 of us were satisfied with our selections, meats cooked to order. Best value for dining credit

La Cucina: Originally denied our request to change to table for 12, but after 15 minutes and we were the only ones in the restaurant they obliged. Besides this hiccup, food was delicious risotto on the Osso bucco was my favorite. wine pairing was also good

Moderno: If you've never been to a Brazilian steakhouse, you need to try this. I would shy away from using a dining credit here because it is all-you-can-eat for $29 I believe, so you would only save a few $. This was a few of our groups favorite restaurant. Pro Tip: Don't fill up on the buffet at the beginning, you will be sad to miss one of the 17 preparations of meat that come around because you filled up on bread and noodles.

Bayamo: Sat us as a table of 12 easily. There were mixed reviews overall. I personally did not like most of my meal(salinas civiche, wagyu sirloin, sorbets). One person sent back an appetizer after a few bites and decided he could not suffer through the rest. Another thought it was the best meal they had on the boat.

Food Republic: BEST FOOD ON THE BOAT!! We chose to have our group of 20 dinner here because dining credits are not allowed so most of the time it is fairly empty. It is a shame because every one of the tapas style dishes was delicious. Ordering from the tablets makes the experience that much more fun too. All 20 of us, kids to grand parents enjoyed this meal. Everyone should try this restaurant.

Was not able to try Teppanyaki, Pincho or Le Bistro.

Edited by anmyers72

• 1 month later...

In April we did teppanyaki twice, it is so good. Cagneys, moderno are always good. Bayamo was great. It just depends on the type of food that you like, you really can't go wrong with any of them!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

First time cruiser on Norwegian I picked the restaurants as one of my choices. I am definitely choosing Cagneys and I choose another steak house and habachi. I am second guessing my choices and wondering if we should have did Italian. Any suggestions?:)

will be trying Moderno's!!!

We'll be on our first Norwegian cruise in December and chose the 3 upgrade meals as one of our freebies -- of course the UBP is the other. ;-) Thanks for all the input on restaurants. At this point I think we are leaning towards Le Bistro, Pinchu's (yes, even though there is an upcharge we think it sounds fun,) and Wine Lover's the Musical -- we've heard you can use the dining credit for this and it sounds like fun. Does anyone have any experience with this?