Escape restaurants which one??

Just got off the Escape two weeks ago. Did six nights of specialty dining. Three at Cagney's (our favorite) and one each at Bayamo, Moderno and Teppanyaki. Loved them all! Didn't have a chance to try Food Republic, but plan to try it next year on our Escape cruise to Bermuda.

LOL , we are boring people for don't care for French Food, while vacationing in Aruba, we don't care for Brazilian Meat , USDA for us,, , we are just not Adventurous eaters, :( , so we will be sticking with Cagneys, MDR, Buffet, LaCucina..

I don't think it is "Brazilian" meat at Moderno. It could be, but I doubt NCL is going to go through the trouble of importing it. It is most likely USDA-certified. The "Brazilian" aspect is about how it is served: on huge skewers by pasadores, much like Texas de Brazil. Nothing strange -- filet, skirt, chicken, grilled pineapple

I don't think it is "Brazilian" meat at Moderno. It could be, but I doubt NCL is going to go through the trouble of importing it. It is most likely USDA-certified. The "Brazilian" aspect is about how it is served: on huge skewers by pasadores, much like Texas de Brazil. Nothing strange -- filet, skirt, chicken, grilled pineapple

Yes. Nothing strange.

83644830ffc73cbc3ff9799ea743fc26.jpg

Three specialty dining restaurants were included in our original booking. Daughter bought me three additional specialty dining restaurants for a Christmas present this past Christmas. Cost was $81.42, which included a service charge.

knowing that i might give it a try,, thank you

Three specialty dining restaurants were included in our original booking. Daughter bought me three additional specialty dining restaurants for a Christmas present this past Christmas. Cost was $81.42, which included a service charge.

We might do that also,, think my husband is going to really like cagneys,, so i'm sure they willl be a repeat , i have a question, doing those other 3 restaurants, how much of upgrade did u pay , on top of have to pay the 81.42

Thanks for all the information, helps out so much!

We live them all, but would say our least favorite is Teppanyakis We used to love it, but it has worn old I guess. The food is good, the entertainment can be fun or nothing. Of course, like most, the top 2 are Cagney's and Le Bistro. For us third would have to be Modenos. And the Italian restaurant, in our opinion is a step above Olive Garden.

Just got off the Escape two weeks ago. Did six nights of specialty dining. Three at Cagney's (our favorite) and one each at Bayamo, Moderno and Teppanyaki. Loved them all! Didn't have a chance to try Food Republic, but plan to try it next year on our Escape cruise to Bermuda.

this sounds just like something i would like , except want to get the french and italian and moderno , however, doing this , than you miss the shows at supper club or manhattan room,, is that correct ?

Here's my ranking of preferred restaurants. Note that some aren't included on the meal plan/have an additional upcharge if you do decide to use one of your meals there. I have not tried Teppenyaki, so it's not on the list.

Bayamo (not included)

Pinchos (not included)

Food Republic (not included...we preferred it for lunch, anyway, and gladly paid the upcharge)

Cagneys

Le Bistro

Moderno

La Cucina (definitely have to be picky to get worthwhile food there. Not everything is good)

Distant bottom:

Margaritaville (I cannot believe they charge for the food there)

O'Sheehans (will do for a late night snack, but otherwise, I've never been impressed by anything there. But hey, it's free and a good option to have when you don't feel like dressing for dinner or you are pickled at midnight)

On our next cruise, we'll have the three meal plan, plus two platinum dinners. So we'll choose:

Cagneys and Moderno for Platinum

Cagneys, Le Bistro, Bayamo upcharge for meal plan

We'll throw La Cucina in if Cagney's is booked up and we can't get in for a second meal (highly likely). Teppanyaki just isn't our thing. We love asian food, but don't love teppanyaki restaurants. I know many love it.

I know we are in the minority but, we just did not care for Cagney's. We gave it a try on both the Pearl and the Epic years ago and were very underwhelmed. After several cruises on Escape, we finally decided to give it another chance last month, and again, we were disappointed. It was our least favorite meal. For starters, the restaurant is very noisy and loud and the servers all seemed to be rushing and running around. Just not a great ambience for us. We both had the fillet and it was just "ok." Not bad but not really all that good either. lol Now, maybe we felt this way because when we go out to eat steak, we usually go to Ruth's Chris, Fleming's or Mortons and that is what we are used to. And sorry, but for us, Cagney's steaks didn't even come close. However, we really enjoy all the other restaurants on Escape. Everything from Food Republic (our favorite) to Le Bistro, Pincho. We even preferred La Cucina to Cagney's. I know that might sound like heresy to some on this board, lol, but that was our experience. :)

Here's my ranking of preferred restaurants. Note that some aren't included on the meal plan/have an additional upcharge if you do decide to use one of your meals there. I have not tried Teppenyaki, so it's not on the list.

Bayamo (not included)

Pinchos (not included)

Food Republic (not included...we preferred it for lunch, anyway, and gladly paid the upcharge)

Cagneys

Le Bistro

Moderno

La Cucina (definitely have to be picky to get worthwhile food there. Not everything is good)

Distant bottom:

Margaritaville (I cannot believe they charge for the food there)

O'Sheehans (will do for a late night snack, but otherwise, I've never been impressed by anything there. But hey, it's free and a good option to have when you don't feel like dressing for dinner or you are pickled at midnight)

On our next cruise, we'll have the three meal plan, plus two platinum dinners. So we'll choose:

Cagneys and Moderno for Platinum

Cagneys, Le Bistro, Bayamo upcharge for meal plan

We'll throw La Cucina in if Cagney's is booked up and we can't get in for a second meal (highly likely). Teppanyaki just isn't our thing. We love asian food, but don't love teppanyaki restaurants. I know many love it.

We have the 3 specialty dining, so what do you mean by Platinum dinners ?

For those of you that have said they had great dinners at Bayamo and Pinchos, what's the goto items on the menu?

We have 3 days UDP on our next Escape cruise and we also get the 2 free nights for Platinum dinners

I think we're going to do LeBistro and Cagneys for Platinum dinners

and was thinking of doing either LeBistro or Cagneys 1 more time which leaves 2 nights of dining open. I'm looking to try something different this time. We tried LaCucina last cruise. One and done. Tried several things on the menu and nothing was even close to memorable so I'm done with that restaurant. Teppenyaki is so so and I enjoyed Moderno, although the wife didn't as she's not a big fan of meat, meat and more meat :)

So that said looking to try Pinchos and Bayamo: Favorites that are a must do?

We always get the wagyu sirloin in Bayamo. It's not a large portion, but it melts in your mouth. They have a lobster dish also, but the way it was prepared was not something I thought I would like. Everything we had at Pinchos was good. We will be back at both restaurants in about 3 weeks. Can't wait!

Mary Ann

We always get the wagyu sirloin in Bayamo. It's not a large portion, but it melts in your mouth. They have a lobster dish also, but the way it was prepared was not something I thought I would like. Everything we had at Pinchos was good. We will be back at both restaurants in about 3 weeks. Can't wait!

Mary Ann

Coo!l. Be sure to report back on your updated favs from Bayomo and Pinchos please..

As far as I know the Bayamo upgrade is still 15.00 pp. The wagyu sirloin comes sliced, it is not a whole steak you cut. We had ours medium rare which is what is recommended for wagyu beef. Not sure if they would make it well done. You might want to speak to someone from the restaurant about that before you book.

Mary Ann

We picked Moderno for one of our dinners. Our concern is that all the meat will be rare, we only eat well done. If all the meat is "pink", we are not going even put it on our plate. Can anyone comment on this?

Like you, I enjoy my meat well done also. I just let them know I'd like a well done piece. Sometimes, they were able to find something on the skewer to serve right away. Other times, they would go back to the kitchen and bring me a well done piece. I didn't mind the wait, as there were other things to enjoy - the wonderful salad bar, grilled pineapple, chicken, etc.