Can't get same dining assignment for our group- help!

We are sailing on the Harmony in just over a week.

We are a family of 3, traveling with another family of 4 (we have our reservations linked online).

We both originally had My Time Dining, and we were both on the Tradition dining wait-list.

Now, my family has been moved to Traditional Dining, while our friends are still on My Time. We have called several times to have our friends also moved to traditional dining, and the phone reps told us no. (This is frustrating because our reservations are linked. Why would they split up our dining?)

Does anyone have any idea if we can have them changed to traditional dining with us once on board? Our entire group is 4 adults and 3 kids. We wanted the early traditional dining so we can take advantage of the "My family Time dining" (they get the kids food out quickly, then take the kids to Adventure Ocean so the parents can finish dinner at a more leisurely pace without boring the youngsters).

We really don't want to be split up from our group every night. Thanks in advance for any info/advice.

As you found out linking does not prevent dining changes to individual bookings. If the wait list does not clear in the next couple of days send a request to rcldining@rccl.com to see if they can do something. Failing that, try have them changed to traditional once on board - though trying to get a table for 8 by that time might be tough. The alternative is for you to switch back to MTD and make a standing reservation for the same time as traditional and work out a deal with Adventure Ocean to take the kids.

Yes At this point they are telling us to switch to my time and all that is left is 5:30.

And with my time dining they have said they will not take the kids to adventure ocean.

Thank you for your input. I will try that email. Every time we cal we get conflicting info.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you cb at sea. At this point I am just worried that if we wait until we get on the ship, everything will be full and we won't be able to switch anything so we can dine together? That would really be a damper on our trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We had similar problem for our upcoming Navigator cruise, we had 3 linked cabins and when I told RCCL that we were Diamond members we all got tradition early seating no waitlist.

Good Luck,

J.

When my daughter was small we had MTD (this was before Adventure Ocean picked them up). She would order her main course that would come at the same time as our starter and if she wanted dessert the waiters would bring it quickly, then one of us would take her up to Adventure Ocean and then we could have our main and dessert on our own. It worked fine, so you could do that if necessary.

I would try emailing the email address from the PP, but keep in mind that just because MTD is only showing 5:30 as the only available option doesn't mean you won't be able to get reservations each day while on board. Meaning, if you just switch back to MTD w/ the other family you will most likely be able to get in somewhere around the time that you would want to with your entire group of 7. Now, if you're a planner and like to have everything set, I understand and this is not best case scenario but is an option. We had a group of 8 on the Allure last year and similar situation-was going to be just me and my husband but the 6 others joined somewhat last minute and MTD was the only option. Like you, the only open reservation times were very early or very late so we decided to wing it! It was a little chaotic the first night which we expected and the 2nd night we had to wait maybe 10 minutes. By the third night we found a great set of servers and managed to get a standing reservation with them every night at 8pm.

Long story short, if you can't get both into regular seating I personally would give MTD a try if you're able to be a little flexible. We waited until we boarded on the Liberty just to get another couple to switch to the same table (they were assigned same late seating as us, just different table) Even that was annoying and although we finally got it set, I personally don't like starting out my vacation standing in line to talk to the dinning room staff and risk not getting what we want anyway.