the Bug

Does anyone have a great suggestion for a Hotel near the Galveston Port ..that includes transfers from the Houston airport and cruise line and back to the airport again? We have never been there before and were thinking of coming in a couple of days early to explore.

Does anyone have a great suggestion for a hotel near the Galveston Port ..that includes transfers from the Houston airport and cruise line and back to the airport again ? We have never been there before and were thinking of coming in a couple of days early to explore.

Why do you use your screen name for the title of your question?

You should really try to be specific with the title if you want people to answer your questions.....

If no title is given, the poster's screen name is the automatic default. Frequent newbie mistake. Be nice.

Galveston is a fair distance from both Houston airports. IAH is further than HOU but plan approx 1 hr+ for each depending on what day and time you arrive (traffic!). Due to the distance I am not aware of any Galveston hotel that provides a free shuttle from the airport. Correct me if I'm wrong. I know there are Galveston hotels who provide free shuttles to the pier. Just not sure which ones they are. May try searching under the ports of call section. You may also look in to a 1 way rental car at the airport and drop off before the cruise in Galveston. That gives you some flexibility while in the area pre cruise. A car in this area is quite helpful. While Houston is the 4th largest city by population, we are the 1st largest city in the country by land mass. Everything is spread out!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Too far to get free transfers from HOU and to the port. Lots of nice hotels with pick-up options around HOU but you'll be out of pocket for sure getting to and from the island no matter what you do.

Galveston is a great destination if you are flying in early the day before (or even a day sooner) but if you are coming in the night before, just stay at HOU.

There is a current thread titled "Is there really no good way to get to Galveston?" On these boards.

Is there really no inexpensive way to get from the airport to the Port of Galveston?

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2373213

Sent from my iPhone using Forums